Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This news perhaps supports the supposition that Presley Bell's departure may not have been voluntary although since Presley hails from Liberty, Texas just outside Houston and attend Houston maybe she just wanted to get closer to home. It appears she is has taken a job as an assistant coach at Crosby High School in the Houston area. In any case, I wish Presley well.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tada!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Perhaps add another section of party deck in both left center and right center.

Comment

Shoot, double party deck the entire outfield!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Don't shoot me... but what changes are we looking at here in the new vid? New turf and fence? Don't see much different, but I'm not a big softball fan. I do understand the improvements are multi-phase and we are very early.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Don't shoot me... but what changes are we looking at here in the new vid? New turf and fence? Don't see much different, but I'm not a big softball fan. I do understand the improvements are multi-phase and we are very early.
                  New turf. They've gone from a natural field to turf.

I believe the next phase is the indoor facility and dedicated office facility for the program.

Phase 3 I believe is the new entrance and concourse upgrades. maybe some seating upgrades.

Phase 4 I believe is the expansion of seating.

But I could be a little off on these.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Go Shockers - WSU Board of Trustees to Invest $3 Million into Wilkins Stadium Project

"Over the last two years, collectively we have invested over $2 million in Wilkins Stadium upgrades to include new lights, batting cages, third base dugout and an artificial playing surface," said Wichita State Director of Athletics Kevin Saal. "These upgrades paved the way for Shocker Athletics' to host the 2024 American Athletic Conference Softball Championship. The Wilkins Stadium renovation represents a significant capital project priority for WSU and we encourage Shocker Nation to join our institution's commitment as we strive to complete Phase 1 fundraising within the 2023 calendar year."

With the $3 million gift from the WSU Board of Trustees and the previously received gifts, Wichita State will have the opportunity to break ground on the indoor practice facility (Phase 1A) by the end of the 2023-24 academic year.

"This is an exciting and historic time for Wichita State Softball," said head softball coach Kristi Bredbenner. "The investment that the university is putting into the sport of softball is setting the bar high for women's sports programs across the country. To see the first phase of this state-of-the-art softball facility receive support of this magnitude is a testament to Wichita State's focus to Invest In Women. Thank you to Dr. Rick Muma and Kevin Saal for working together to make this dream a reality. Thank you to all the former Shocker softball players that have paved the way through their hard work on the field and in the classroom. Thank you to the fans that have packed C. Howard Wilkins Stadium and proven there is a necessity for expansion."
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

So this should complete fundraising for Phase 1 and I can't wait to see the finished product. Having their own office space and an indoor facility will be tremendous, and can only help with recruiting.

The next three phases essentially total Phase 1. I believe Phase 2 is approximately $2M and will include the new ticket office and enclosed entrance area which will make the stadium look even better. I think there's some seating work that will go into this. Not sure if this is adding seats or just upgrading what currently exists.

Phase 3 has to do with seating as well as what they call fan experience elements. This one is around $3.5M. I think there's some remodeling plans as well but I don't know what that means.

Phase 4 is around $5M and I believe is focused on the outfield. I'm guessing this is upgraded pavilion areas and probably adding more pavilion/party deck/seating to the outfield. I would guess there's more to it than just that for the price.

I would hope there will be continued donations and hopefully a couple of decent sized ones that can help get Phase 2 started shortly after Phase 1 is completed.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I’ve lost track. With this donation, how much of the $9.65MM for phase 1 has been raised?

Comment

No clue. All I know is construction begins in the spring
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

For some reason I didn't realize that Phase 1 included both the indoor practice facility and the team facility (office/locker rooms/classrooms/etc.). Or maybe I should say that I forgot it included both. Either way, construction begins this spring and this is the bulk of the four phases.

This will be massive for recruiting I would think. And recruiting hasn't been bad.

I do look forward to phase two though as well as it will be a fantastic aesthetics upgrade with the new entrance/ticket office. It will have a grander feel and be more inviting.

I'm sorry, but I'm excited for the program.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X