It's time for a new Softball stadium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    For some reason I didn't realize that Phase 1 included both the indoor practice facility and the team facility (office/locker rooms/classrooms/etc.). Or maybe I should say that I forgot it included both. Either way, construction begins this spring and this is the bulk of the four phases.
    My interpretation of the announcement is that, yes, Phase 1 includes the team operation facility and the indoor practice facility but what they will start development on this spring is the 12,000 sq. ft. Wadsworth Softball Team Operations Facility with the IPF portion of Phase 1 to come later with an undetermined timetable at this point. I assume naming rights are still available for that.

Thank you to John and Gail Wadsworth for their generous gift to get the Operations Facility moving.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 21, 2023, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

pretty good showing. Popularity will only continue to grow.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

pretty good showing. Popularity will only continue to grow.
          I'm ready for next season to start!
          Go Shocks!

Comment

I think the softball pro season starts Monday. PLEASE tell me Wilkins isn't decked out in rainbow colors for the event.

I'm begging you......please tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I think the softball pro season starts Monday. PLEASE tell me Wilkins isn't decked out in rainbow colors for the event.

I wonder if Kristi had a say?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I’m not a fan of outweighted SASO expenditures on softball or facilities myself. But on this event if it can earn some revenue for the program more power to them.

As far as the AUX color scheme I would call it more representive of the light spectrum not a rainbow theme. You can see a story on KSN site.

Comment

A little off topic, but South Carolina canned their coach. The reason I point this out is the Charlotte coach Ashley Chastain may very well be her replacement.
                  Last edited by shoxlax; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    A little off topic, but South Carolina canned their coach. The reason I point this out is the Charlotte coach Ashley Chastain may very well be her replacement.
                    Charlotte's baseball and softball coaches are engaged. Doubt either of them leave without it being a package deal.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Current stadium begins hosting professional softball tonight with the return of WSU's greatest hitter

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Anyone going? I'm really looking forward to this event. Go Syd!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Perhaps my hope for recruiting news based on vague tweets was wrong. Is this what it was about?

Or will there be more news coming?

Went back and looked at there has to be recruiting news on the horizon as Coach B had #localstud

But I'm excited to see the improvements to the softball facilities.
                          Last edited by SubGod22; 3 days ago.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Went back and looked at there has to be recruiting news on the horizon as Coach B had #localstud
                            The hashtags in that cryptic post by HCKB was #localstud #investinwomen

That certainly might be a recruit, but since #investinwomen was used in addition to #localstud it is also possible the #localstud was a big donor.

Time will tell (or not).

Comment

Working...
                            X