• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As rumored

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        As rumored

Doesn't look like Ellee Eck did all that much at Stanford although she no doubt will highly value that Stanford diploma. In her first two years at Stanford (after a redshirt year) she was 25-129 at the plate hitting .194. She had 2 doubles, 4 triples and no home runs among her 25 hits. In her 3rd year she appeared in 45 games but only got 3 at bats without a hit indicating she was mostly a pinch runner. She did steal 18 bases in 25 attempts over her 3 seasons of play. Decent success rate but not terribly prolific over 3 seasons.

So I see Ellee as a replacement for Sierra Hoekstra as primarily a pinch runner.

Am I missing anything with her?
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Maybe they can work the same magic they did with CC. She had less than impressive stats at Grand Canyon before blowing up here. I know very little about Eck other than she's a speedy local kid who came from a school that just always seems to produce athletes. I'm talking about Andale, not Stanford.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Here is Makayla Navarro's bio and her stats for her 2 years at FIU. Not great offensive stats, but decent. Reportedly a very slick defensive infielder.

Makayla is only 5-3. Perhaps a candidate for a middle infield spot along with Sami Hood. With Taylor Sedlacek moving back to the outfield.

Here is Makayla's recruiting profile/highlights coming out of high school: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/makayla_mimi_navarro
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2024, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Maybe they can work the same magic they did with CC. She had less than impressive stats at Grand Canyon before blowing up here. I know very little about Eck other than she's a speedy local kid who came from a school that just always seems to produce athletes. I'm talking about Andale, not Stanford.
              I don't think it is reasonable to put CC-type of expectations on Ellee. CC had two great years in Juco ball including the NJCAA Division I Player of the Year as a sophomore, although no doubt the Shocker coaching staff did a good job getting CC back on track after a sub-par year at Grand Canyon.

What I am expecting out of Ellee is a good senior leader type who gets to finish up her softball career close to home and perhaps really enjoy her final year as a college softball player. I see her value more for the intangibles she will bring to the table. But we will see how it plays out.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Here is Makayla Navarro's bio and her stats for her 2 years at FIU. Not great offensive stats, but decent. Reportedly a very slick defensive infielder.

Makayla is only 5-3. Perhaps a candidate for a middle infield spot along with Sami Hood. With Taylor Sedlacek moving back to the outfield.

Here is Makayla's recruiting profile/highlights coming our of high school: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/makayla_mimi_navarro
                She will be our regular SS or 2B. Her stats were through the roof offensively until a late season slide. Kristi has worked wonders with that story in the past.

Comment

Doesn't look like Ellee Eck did all that much at Stanford although she no doubt will highly value that Stanford diploma. In her first two years at Stanford (after a redshirt year) she was 25-129 at the plate hitting .194. She had 2 doubles, 4 triples and no home runs among her 25 hits. In her 3rd year she appeared in 45 games but only got 3 at bats without a hit indicating she was mostly a pinch runner. She did steal 18 bases in 25 attempts over her 3 seasons of play. Decent success rate but not terribly prolific over 3 seasons.

So I see Ellee as a replacement for Sierra Hoekstra as primarily a pinch runner.

Am I missing anything with her?
                  Better than her stats. Could be a nice surprise or at the very least a great teammate with speed.

Comment

• Another transfer
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Another transfer
                      This won perplexes me a bit. Could be she is walking on?

North Texas Bio and Stats: https://meangreensports.com/sports/s...-epperson/6226

Comment

This won perplexes me a bit. Could be she is walking on?

North Texas Bio and Stats: https://meangreensports.com/sports/s...-epperson/6226
                        OPS of .535 in Conference in 2024 with 18 games and 10 starts. In 2023, OPS of .517 in Conference with 12 games and 10 starts. Looking for a place to help her do better?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

She will be our regular SS or 2B. Her stats were through the roof offensively until a late season slide. Kristi has worked wonders with that story in the past.
                          Yeah, something was clicking and then it stopped.

In 2023, OPS of .788 with 24 games and 23 starts in a 25-game Conference USA schedule. In 2024, .574 in 22 games and 21 starts in a 24-game schedule. FIU was below .500 in conference both seasons.

Using Conference-only stats because a HC has finished experimenting by then and is putting their best team on the field.

Comment

• Not sure why this is just now hitting Twitter. We already knew about her didn't we?

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Not sure why this is just now hitting Twitter. We already knew about her didn't we?

Yes, we knew about her commitment. In think this is reporting that she has signed a financial aid commitment. In other words, she is officially signed.

Notice on the left side it says SIGNED.

Considering how nebulous commitments are this day and age always good to get confirmation of a official signing. Especially, with what appears top be a very high quality recruit like Gabby Scott.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 25, 2024, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Another announcement that we already knew about.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X