Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allison Cooper in the Portal according to Softball Portal on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Bit of a surprise?

Comment

Losing half of our pitching staff. Hope HCKB hits the portal hard.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Bit of a surprise?
          I am not totally surprised; however, it makes me wonder if we have something in the works from the portal which led Cooper to look elsewhere. In any event, she had some really clutch performances and steadied the ship on more than one occasion. I appreciate her effort and hope she lands at a place where she can make a difference (hopefully not in our conference).

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Catcher/Outfielder

She may have a sister at Texas (Mia Scott)

Gabby was on ESPN last night receiving her sisters home run ball (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              That's disappointing. Allison can really spin it and offered a change of pace we're unlikely to duplicate (LHP with serious movement).

Wish her the best wherever she lands.

Comment

Alison was feisty. She came in against OU and stopped the bleeding. I will always appreciate her performance in that game.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That's disappointing. Allison can really spin it and offered a change of pace we're unlikely to duplicate (LHP with serious movement).

Wish her the best wherever she lands.
                  This is what I loved about Coop. I don't know what her numbers were, but when we were in a pinch, she seemed to take care of business.

I know we had a couple that redshirted and one sounded very promising. Hopefully she worked on what she needed to and can step in this season.

Baring something going poorly between her ears, Chloe looks to be locked in as the Ace of the staff. Still need a couple of others to be able to step in and take care of business as necessary.

Wonder if Coop didn't like/gel with the new pitching coach.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This is what I loved about Coop. I don't know what her numbers were, but when we were in a pinch, she seemed to take care of business.

I know we had a couple that redshirted and one sounded very promising. Hopefully she worked on what she needed to and can step in this season.
                    I am aware of one redshirt, and that was Eric Schertz, a 5-10 RHP. Hard to say what she will bring to the circle. We had 2 medical redshirts, Lauren Lucas and Camryn Compton. Am I missing someone else?

We have one pitcher in the incoming freshman class, Ava Sliger, but she pitches in the smallest class of schools in Oklahoma so I don't put much weight on her high school stats. Her travel ball stats were okay although not dominant. Not sure she will be ready for prime time.

So seemingly we will have to rely on Chloe, Alex and Erica although perhaps HCKA can pull a decent arm out of the portal. Maybe Ava is better than I am giving her credit for.

Comment

Sounds like we may have a player from Canada committed, but not sure which class.

I think we will bring in only 2-3 from the portal, if that. KB really does a good job of improving portal position players offensive production. I like the fact she is very selective and conscious of who she recruits.

Comment

Have I missed something or should we be expecting some sort of recruiting announcement about a local kid committing?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Could be Eck from Stanford…

Comment

Or it could be a HS kid. I know Carroll has a couple of good ones.

Comment

We did pick up a shortstop in the transfer portal from FIU-Navarro, Also have a pretty good feeling Ellee Eck will be playing a post grad year here. Both solid additions

Comment

Eck would bring some much needed speed to the team.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X