No announcement yet.

AAC SB Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the Shocker lost 2 starters to season ending injuries, Arielle James in the season opener and Bailey Urban 16 games into the non-con schedule, I think this Shocker team has had a very good season. The pitching was somewhat inconsistent and the Shocks were somewhat at a disadvantage against teams with really good, top shelf pitching.

All-in-all though a really good season and a really fun team to watch. Hopefully, we get to see them for at least a couple more games.

NCAA Selection Show:

Show start time: 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT on Sunday, May 15

TV channel: ESPN2
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• So if we don’t get an at large bid to the NCAA, does it mean we really aren’t a National Softball Power? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I hate to pick on freshman Cassie Passwaters as she came up with a huge pinch hit 1-out hit double off of Corrick after Lolo's home run had made it 5-4. However, she is catcher and runs like one and I was little surprised HCKB did not pinch run for her although not sure who she had on the bench. I thought she made a mistake going to the 3rd on the sharply hit one-hopper in front of her to short where she was out easily. Had she held up at 2nd she or a pinch runner probably scores on Sydney's single to left center to tie the game. But in a game like this sometimes it comes down to those kind of things.
        There were a couple mental breakdowns throughout the game .. the collision on the pop fly that let a run score is another ... just not their sharpest game overall. They still fought and nearly pulled it off

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          So if we don’t get an at large bid to the NCAA, does it mean we really aren’t a National Softball Power? Asking for a friend.
          Right now it is the best program we have, so call it what you want.....

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Right now it is the best program we have, so call it what you want.....
            So, we're grading on the curve. While this team has been pretty good this year, your scale isn't saying much.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I was little surprised HCKB did not pinch run for her although not sure who she had on the bench.
              Madyson, the season-long designated pinch-runner. Unless she was hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Madyson, the season-long designated pinch-runner. Unless she was hurt.
                Maybe Madyson was worn out from dancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  So if we don’t get an at large bid to the NCAA, does it mean we really aren’t a National Softball Power? Asking for a friend.
                  They are not yet a National Softball Power. Ask again in six or eight years.

Comment

• Kind of like the Loyola Marymount of softball.

Comment

• USF 0-11(5) UCF

No Corrick in the circle. I am sure USF felt they were in and why bother the wear and tear on their Hope. UCF is the AQ from the AAC.

Comment

• So maybe I'm not understanding the rules. But any reason why Lolo wasn't the starting DP vs USF? She was obviously hot this weekend going 3-3 with 3 HR and 10 RBI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          But any reason why Lolo wasn't the starting DP vs USF?
                          My guess is a matchup decision versus Corrick.

Comment

• Still mad about lost games

Comment

• Deleted by OP.

Comment

Working...
                              X