• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regionals Results

#1 Louisville 3-1 #8 Georgia Tech

#4 Wisconsin 3-0 #12 Minnesota

#3 Pittsburgh 3-1 #6 Purdue

#10 Nebraska 3-1 #2 Texas

Finals on Thursday on ESPN and Saturday on ESPN2.

Comment

That 5-8 left side for Pittsburgh is an absolute monster, Member-Meneh? Unreal physicality.

Comment

Giorgia was third in digs for Wisconsin with 8 while playing all 3 sets. Also had a service ace and 2 assists.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Semis

#4 Wisconsin 3-2 #1 Louisville
          23, (15), 21, (23), 9

#10 Nebraska 3-1 #3 Pittsburgh
          (16), 17, 20, 22

Comment

A 4 seed vs a 10 seed in the Championship game. Has that ever happened before?

Giorgia has a shot a National Championship ring. Hope she gets it.

Comment

Nebraska started the season with some injuries and new faces. They were not playing like a #10 at the end of the season though, and many thought they would win the Austin Regional. Still, Wisconsin has to be the favorite. But I would not expect a 3-0 match either.

Comment

In the 41 years of the NCAA Volleyball Championship there have only been 11 different schools to win the NCAA Tournament. Nebraska is a 5-time champion. Nebraska has lost the championship match 4 times. Wisconsin has been to 3 finals losing all 3 including once to Nebraska in 2000.

Of those 11 schools 9 of them have multiple championships. Only Kentucky and Washington are one-time winners. I would like to see another school added to the list.

In Big 10 play Wisconsin swept the Cornhuskers in Lincoln and won in 4 sets in Madison.

Wisconsin will be the favorite butIi would not be shocked if the Cornhuskers managed to pull out a win.

Comment

Gio has her Championship!!

#4 Wisconsin 3-2 #10 Nebraska
                  (22), 29, 23, (23), 12

Just incredibly high level volleyball! Fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X