2021 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NCAA Tournament

The Selection Show is Sunday evening on ESPNU at 730 pm CT. Of course, I don't get that channel.

We will learn then if anyone from the AAC besides UCF makes the Dance.

I am going to go against the experts here and say UCF and Houston get in. OTOH, it would not surprise me at all if we only get UCF in as the auto bid.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I am going to go against the experts here and say UCF and Houston get in. OTOH, it would not surprise me at all if we only get UCF in as the auto bid.
      The two bracketologists will offer their final brackets sometime tomorrow after all of the matches of today.

Comment

Omaha (and Marriah Buss) lost the Summit League Tournament final to South Dakota. Maybe she gets another trip to Wichita courtesy of the NIVC. She is #2 in kills for the Mavericks.

Comment

One bracketologist has posted his bracket. (I think there will be another, but I may be misremembering.)

UCF is in of course. Houston is part of the First Four Out, and Cincinnati is part of the Next Four Out.

Comment

I finally found it. Only one bracketologist, and he only missed one team last spring.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

UCF is in of course.
              I'll stick this in here. Apparently, McKenna Melville was originally recruited as a libero!!

Comment

UCF is indeed the only American team to make the field. They'll get Pepperdine then the winner of UCLA Farfield. Tough 3000 mile trip for a top 30ish team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  UCF is indeed the only American team to make the field. They'll get Pepperdine then the winner of UCLA Farfield. Tough 3000 mile trip for a top 30ish team.
                  UCLA is the #13 National Seed. UCF is #2 in that pod.

Comment

Last four in were Iowa State, Kansas State, South Carolina and West Virginia. Last four out were Arkansas, Cincinnati, Houston and Syracuse (no particular order).

Seems to me like a poor choice to have 3 teams from the same conference be the last 4 teams in but IDK.

Comment

I'm only halfway through the posts made on VT during the Selection Show, but I am confident that the bracketologist is going to set a record for at-large "misses." You should have heard the "What?!" when Ole Miss was called. Nobody was willing to defend that selection.

Comment

The NIVC site lists 9 auto qualifiers (although I can't find what those are)

Arkansas (19-10)
                        ​Colorado State (18-10)
                        Delaware State (26-4)
                        Houston Baptist (21-8)
                        Jackson State (17-13)
                        Sam Houston State (18-9)
                        UConn (21-10)
                        UTEP (21-7)
                        Weber State (20-9)

So 23 teams to be named makes me think we're on the bubble as certainly Houston, Cincinnati and likely SMU are all in front of WSU, just in our conference.

Other RPIs ahead of us, Syracuse, High Point, USC, Texas State, James Madison, Loyola-Chicago, Wright State, Bowling Green, Valparaiso, UNLV, DePaul, Texas A&M, Duke,

No promises that list is correct or complete.

Actually, looking here:

Postseason NIVC Tournament Overview The National Invitational Volleyball Championship will be an annual tournament involving 32 to 40 of the nation's top women's Division I Volleyball teams. All...

It would seem RPI is a big deal. If so, I think we're in, if we want to be in. (Lambo's comments and media's reporting certainly leads one to believe we've packed it in for the year).

Comment

It looks to me like Tulsa is the only AAC team playing in the 2021 NIVC

​ FORT COLLINS, CO – After stepping aside last year because of COVID-19 concerns, the National Invitational Volleyball Championship is back, with tournament officials announcing Sunday the 31...

I guess that means Houston, Cincinnati, SMU, WSU and Tulane must have declined to participate.

Comment

The NICV bracket is out. There are only 31 teams - could not get a reasonable taker for the 32nd spot?

Arkansas and Arizona are the only schools from P5 conferences.

With Lambo's comments about injuries and practice time, the Shocker's decision is not surprising. Take the time to get everyone healthy for the spring.

Comment

Wait.....rereading that, apparently they go to the top conference finishing team in all 32 conferences that do not get into the NCAA. If a team declines, then they'll go to RPI.

There's no way they'll get to us IF I am reading that correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X