No announcement yet.

UNI and Bradley Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That point at 10-9 was unbelievable and huge. Shocks probably win the match if UNI wildebeest doesn't dig out of her ass lucky and make a pancake save of her pathetic life.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Comment

Yeah so that might have been a little over the top but still............

Comment

Bradley 1-3 Missouri State

Comment

Creighton tops the Redbirds 3-1.

Salukis top Evansville 3-2.

Drake chops the Trees 3-1.

Comment

when they're clicking, WSU is one heck of a team. I see complaints about service errors, which are always frustrating, but your aggressive serving totally had UNI thrown for a loop most of the night. Made our (UNI's) passing look pathetic for the majority of the night, and it forced the Panthers out of system or into totally predictable attacks which y'all were able to set solid blocks against.

"just serving to get it in" would not have accomplished any of that.

I hate to say it, but if both teams play like they did tonight on 10/29, I'm not sure UNI would even win a set. But in any case, should be another doozy of a match then.

Comment

Not exactly sure what to make of Lambo's post-game comments.

Apparently Hoop not playing as well as he would have liked especially in Sets 3 and 4. Lambo said he did not handle that very well and probably caused Hoop to become a little too emotional. Perhaps he should have left Chelsey in to finish Sets 3 and 4, although that may or may not have made any difference.

Lambo did say something about needing leadership from his 3 seniors, but did not really expand on that.

He was clearly disappointed and sounded a little bit frustrated.

We know we can play with and beat good teams. We just need to pull things together, reduce the unforced errors and plow through the rest of the season with great resolve and focus.

Let's start tomorrow night in Peoria.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
                when they're clicking, WSU is one heck of a team. I see complaints about service errors, which are always frustrating, but your aggressive serving totally had UNI thrown for a loop most of the night. Made our (UNI's) passing look pathetic for the majority of the night, and it forced the Panthers out of system or into totally predictable attacks which y'all were able to set solid blocks against.

"just serving to get it in" would not have accomplished any of that.

I hate to say it, but if both teams play like they did tonight on 10/29, I'm not sure UNI would even win a set. But in any case, should be another doozy of a match then.
                I don't know. I think UNI is just a liitle bit better than the Shocks right now. Bre Payton is certainly a difference maker and a clutch player. Your middles are outstanding, you play great defense and rarely beat yourself. We are good enough to beat you, I just don't know if we are consistent enough to beat you. When were clicking were good, but someone or something keeps flicking the switch on and off.

Comment

I'm either a very spoiled fan or perhaps a very unrealistic fan. UNI is ranked #14 in the country for a reason. They are good.

We go on the road and push them to the brink and for some reason I just feel totally deflated. If I feel that bad then Lambo and his Ladies are no doubt exponentially more disappointed in the loss.

Hopefully, they can shake this tough loss off, get a good night's sleep and get after it with the same intensity tomorrow night.

Tomorrow will be a beautiful day!

Comment

Well, without a question I AM a spoiled and unrealistic fan.

Knowing the pain these girls go through, combined with what I will always see as a window that won't stay open forever, drives me over the edge sometimes.

I'll readily admit (stupidly and selfishly) that I want men's basketball to win for me....to make me happy.

I want volleyball to succeed for the players, coaches and families. Sure I'll enjoy it as well, but it's not my driving force as a fan like basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      I'm either a very spoiled fan or perhaps a very unrealistic fan. UNI is ranked #14 in the country for a reason. They are good.

We go on the road and push them to the brink and for some reason I just feel totally deflated. If I feel that bad then Lambo and his Ladies are no doubt exponentially more disappointed in the loss.

Hopefully, they can shake this tough loss off, get a good night's sleep and get after it with the same intensity tomorrow night.

Tomorrow will be a beautiful day!

That was such a heartbreaker to watch. As bad as we (the fans, family and friends) must feel for them, it must be 100 times more difficult for the girls to have fought so hard and lost.

We obviously are very passionate fans and that is wonderful, but don't forget what the expectations and predictions were before the game started. Very few people thought we would come out of UNI with a WIN. After taking the first two sets I am pretty sure some hearts were beating fast and minds were racing about the possibility. Too bad we had to take a break because if we had kept going with that momentum.....who knows????

UNI is a very good team, but I am pretty darn sure that they are NOT looking forward to playing us at home after THAT match.

I thought Feekin brought a spark when the girls were starting to tire. Can't wait to see more of her in the future (maybe get some playing time tonight?). Sam did very well on the left. I like this new rotation. Five players with double digit kills??? AWESOME.

Thanks for the positive remarks jay79!!

Now we ROLL through the rest of the valley. Undefeated from here on out?? Doesn't sound unrealistic to me!!!
                      :clap: :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :clap: :yahoo: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Looks lke the panthers read our Board. They understand the impact of protecting their home court. We had a great effort but without a win, great effort is not worth much in the real world. We are starting the Valley 2-2, disappointing for the potential power we have.

Wow did we look like we were afraid of the bears last night. Too bad we can not protect our home court with confidence and passion to put fear in ANYONE taking the court against us in CKA. Standing there alone and serving the ball out is nothing but a lack of concentration giving away the set and giving the other team confidence.

We have a great program, great coaches, and wonderful student athletes. We will continue to hang more NCAA banners, but you gotta protect your home court. Confidence and concentration lead to intimidation and wins
                        GO SHOX!

Comment

Volleyball

The key here is for the Shocks to keep improving this season!

Comment

Well they are going to hurry up and improve. This year's team doesn't seem to be up to the standard we have set for ourselves.

If we have such a great program, how come we can never beat Northern Iowa?

Comment

We beat them 10 of 11 before the current 6 match streak the Panthers are on.

Lambo has been more than competitive with them since he had a couple of years to build the program from scratch.

Comment

Volleyball

Check out the thread else in the volleyball section on the Lambo radio show. On Wed this week, he said he was going to switch Sanders and Zweisler to help make the attack more unpredictable. I assume he used that approach in the UNI game. If I understand it right, Zweisler had now been switched to be a right side OH, and Samantha Sanders is now on the left side. Can anyone confirm that?

I was at my North Hi class reunion last night, so I didn't get to listen to the VB game.

Comment

Working...
                                X