No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Mizzou Round of 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn’t there, but heard it was just little mistakes on our end that ended up costing the match.

I was really hoping the crowd would propel rmthe girls to victory. Really sucks to see them, especially the Seniors, eliminated in front of their home crowd.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Wasn’t there, but heard it was just little mistakes on our end that ended up costing the match.

I was really hoping the crowd would propel rmthe girls to victory. Really sucks to see them, especially the Seniors, eliminated in front of their home crowd.
      2 service errors in the 4th set were huge. My VB knowledge is limited, but I would agree that Mizzou simply made fewer mistakes.

Great crowd and atmosphere tonight. I hope folks had a good enough time that they decide to make it a regular thing.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Pride in defeat. Proud of the team for fighting back. Proud of the program for getting to these heights. Proud of the fans for being there and being loud.

I felt like Mizzou was a lot better in set 1 and 2, yet we were just a point or 2 here and there from winning. I felt like WSU was clearly better in the 3rd and 4th but just a few too many freebies given late, BUT the ladies played their hearts out.

Couldn't be more proud. I do feel awful they had to go out like that, but they have EVERYTHING to be proud of....well done Shocks!

Comment

Congratulations on a great season. You'll always have that 20-0 in your inaugural run through the AAC. Hosting and drawing huge crowds can only help Shockers (and Creighton) continue to grow the sport on campus, and shows what is possible. We have to replace our All-American setter and a 4-year starting middle. How about you? Hopefully both teams can find a way to replace graduated seniors. Look forward to seeing the Shockers and Clones in Omaha next season!

Comment

The biggest problem was that the Shocks could not get the ball on the floor often enough. Mikaela hit .088; Tabitha hit .038. Alex absolutely career'd, hitting .500 on 15-1-28. Without that line, this would have been a very ugly loss. Abbie was 13-5-36 for .222, below her normal line. Brooke took over Emma midway through the second set and was 3-0-7 for .429.

Mizzou had 69-28-167 for .246. The Shockers were 51-19-149 for .215. That is, the Tiger had nine more hitting errors, had five fewer blocks, and had five more "service.aces-service.errors."

But a truly great season for the ladies.

I hope hosting these matches built the fan base for next season.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; December 3, 2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The tough thing about being a senior is that it all ends so suddenly. If only there was one more match. No reason to hang heads though, their careers speak for themselves. The youngsters get to come back next season. I hope they come back with a vengence. It was a great year.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                Congratulations on a great season.
                Thanks. Appreciate the encouraging words.

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                Creighton [has] to replace our All-American setter and a 4-year starting middle. How about you?
                We have to replace a lot - Abbie the MB and AAC Player of the Year, Emily the Setter of the Year, two DSs and an OH. That leaves a returning MB (two vied for that but neither permanently claimed it this year), the libero and two OHs. Like I said, a lot to replace.

Comment

Official attendance 7,258
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

To Emily, Abbie, Mikaela, Hanna, Gabi, Jenny and Kara thank you for choosing to be Shockers and very best wishes to you all in your future endeavors. Thank you to Chris and Shannon and the coaching staff and thank you to all of these outstanding young ladies that make up this team for another entertaining and successful season. The one thing that is never in questions is your heart, your work ethic and your effort and your display of these traits with such class and high character. Winners in volleyball, winners in the classroom, winners in life.

:applouse:

Shocker fans give yourself a pat on the back. Way to represent. :encouragement: Hope to see more of your at matches during the season in the future.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Disappointing result to lose at home in the NCAA Tournament. I thought Mizzou looked like the better overall team. They blocked and dug up a lot of junk. I thought WSU did too much finesse and they made some critical errors at key times.

I am however proud of the team and an incredible season. More records being written by the program. Thanks to the seniors for their amazing careers.

Second highest attended regional out there. Be proud Shocker fans.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shocksrbest
                        shocksrbest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That dig on Tabitha's set-point smash was the game changer. And yes, they blocked very well. Hard for the girls to get into a rhythm.

Do not follow VB, but very pleased when WSU performs well. Is there opportunities to play beyond college?

Comment

• flyingMoose
                        flyingMoose commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are professional leagues overseas - Japan and Europe principally. The very first libero the Shockers ever had played in Europe for a couple (I think) of seasons. Jody Larson, an OH who graduated last year, is playing in France now.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; December 3, 2017, 02:46 PM.

Pretty much only in Europe and those are limited. Raudsepp may go play sand at another school, she has the opportunity. All of these seniors will have a plethora of opportunities. I'll be honest, I get more enjoyment watching Sarah (Lungren) Walkup being a mom and playing with her kids and coach volleyball at Cheney as I did watching her destroy DSs on a slide. Seeing these kids succeed in life is the real win.

It's hard to see last night as a loss. There is some disappointment for sure, but they've accomplished so much, succeeded in so many ways, and brought so much joy to young and old alike in this city.....I wish I could find the words to express my gratitude to these student athletes, coaches and support staff.

Thank you.

Comment

Am I the only one a bit disappointed in the media coverage of these Shocker NCAA matches or am I just looking in the wrong places? Where has Sully been? A couple of nice pre-tournament personal interest articles on the Mostroms and on Tabitha and our the Belmont concoction at Dempsey's this summer brought the team closer. But I just have not seem much in-depth post-match coverage. Are the post-match press conferences available anywhere?

Comment

Korey Torgerson‏ @KoreyTorg 12 hours ago It is really hard to put into 140 (or 280) characters what @GoShockersVB means to me, but words like class, integrity, innovative, excellence and passion come to mind. The end is always unexpected.
                          8:48 PM - 2 Dec 2017 from Wichita, KS

Comment

One of the short term results of this weekend was not accomplished, namely advancing to the sweet 16. However, there were so many positives to this weekend that I have to believe will bring long term benefits for the program. Getting a national seeding and being a host site is certainly a milestone for this program, and a just reward to the coaching staff and past and present players that have worked so hard to bring this program from insignificant to new heights as a nationally relevant program.

The organization and turnout by Shocker Nation should remove any doubt from the committee when considering WSU as a host site for future tournaments.

it was a great atmosphere both nights, but especially last night. Hopefully the fan experience of this weekend will convert some new people to regular attendance in the future.

Hopefully this will also result in tangible recruitment results in the future.

Well done, Shocker Nation.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                            X