Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, asking for a friend.

Comment

I suppose it's okay for Shocker fans to look past Radford. This would probably be a mistake for the Shocker players to do the same. I know Lambo won't overlook them and I don't think the team will either. This team seems to be pretty good at focusing on the task at hand. I suspect there will be some early nerves and butterflies and this Shocker team has a tendency to play close 1st sets but they seem very good at making adjustments on the fly that have served them very well this year.

Volleyball can be a cruel sport at times. You can easily outscore an opponent over 5 sets and still lose a match since the points reset to 0 after each set. You just need to capture those 3 sets. As long as it's by 2 it's as good as by 20.

There is absolutely no pressure on Radford. Hard to predict how the Shocks will react to being the Top seed in their pod. On his radio show Lambo said they were very loose at practice on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Girl. Our first girl of a total of eight kids!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Side note to the action this weekend. Missouri's setter is none other than former WSU OH Lindsey Eckenrode's little sister, Courtney.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Side note to the action this weekend. Missouri's setter is none other than former WSU OH Lindsey Eckenrode's little sister, Courtney.
            Interesting stats on Missouri. Courtney Eckenrode, a 5-9 Sr., has played in all 119 sets Missouri has played this year and is averaging 7.67 assists per set. Ali Kreklow, also a 5-9 Sr. setter and the daughter of Mizzou coaches Wayne and Susan Kreklow, has played in 92 sets averaging 4.07 assists per set. That would kind of indicate Mizzou is running a 6-2 offense at least some of the time. Perhaps they swiitch back and forth between the 6-2 and 5-1 depending on the matchups and rotations they want.

Courtney played her freshman year at San Diego State.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well the team got recognized at halftime of the basketball game to a rousing standing ovation. Got some nice promotion in for the event.

Decent amount of people were purchasing tickets tonight as well. Got mine.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Interesting stats on Missouri. Courtney Eckenrode, a 5-9 Sr., has played in all 119 sets Missouri has played this year and is averaging 7.67 assists per set. Ali Kreklow, also a 5-9 Sr. setter and the daughter of Mizzou coaches Wayne and Susan Kreklow, has played in 92 sets averaging 4.07 assists per set. That would kind of indicate Mizzou is running a 6-2 offense at least some of the time. Perhaps they swiitch back and forth between the 6-2 and 5-1 depending on the matchups and rotations they want.

Courtney played her freshman year at San Diego State.

Looks like Ali Kreklow is sister to Ryan Kreklow who we faced in basketball against SWOMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Looks like Ali Kreklow is sister to Ryan Kreklow who we faced in basketball against SWOMO.
                  Dad, Wayne, is the Mizzou head volleyball coach and is the 5th leading scorer in Drake's history. He played at Drake in the late 70's so the Shocks faced him as well. He played one year in the NBA with the Celtics. I don't think he played much but the Celts did win the NBA Championship that year. Mom, Susan, assists Dad on the Mizzou volleyball coaching staff and played at Missouri State although that was before they joined the Valley. They have done a really nice job with the Volleyball program at Mizzou. I think they started at Mizzou the same time Lambo started at Wichita State.

Comment

If the Shockers win two matches this weekend I may just have to go have me a Belmont.

Hiebert is in her second season playing with Brown, who transferred to Wichita State from Alabama for the 2016 season. Setters serve as the team cheerleader, teacher and parent. She watches Brown's emotions on the court and can tell when she needs a boost.

Comment

I am very pumped for these volleyball games. It’s hard for me to believe, but I’m more excited about the volleyball games than the Baylor men’s basketball game. I just heard Paul Suellentrop say they are removing the tarps in Koch Arena. So apparently they’ve sold the number of tickets that exceeds the capacity with the tarps.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I've got my tickets. I'm hoping for one heck of a rowdy atmosphere.

When are people planning to show up for Fridays game? Show up in time to be sure and snag a great seat and watch KU vs Mizzou or wait till closer to the Shocks play?

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Probably 6:30 ish.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I'm going to try to get there as close to 6:00 as possible although I may be closer to 6:30.

I need to see as much of the KU-Mizzou match as possible in case Lambo calls me for my insights! :bball_spin:

Well, okay maybe more just in case they are short a ball boy. That is one part of the game that I think I have a really good handle on.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 30, 2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              I just heard Paul Suellentrop say they are removing the tarps in Koch Arena.
                              Do they remove the tarps for the WBB ScreamFest tomorrow at noon? Hey, maybe for both - hope VB is part of the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                Do they remove the tarps for the WBB ScreamFest tomorrow at noon? Hey, maybe for both - hope VB is part of the reason.
                                Yes, they would definitely have to remove the tarps for the WBB game. There will be about 9,000 school kids there.

I think they have had the tarps off for a few volleyball matches this year. The Center court sections have been pretty full up into the upper bowl a couple of times this year.

My guess is that they will probalby be using the metal detectors for these matches which so far is only something we have had to deal with at MBB games. If no metal detectors than they are expecting a crowd of less than 5,000.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 30, 2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X