Shocks at ECU and at Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Lily Johnson is a fantastic volleyball player and deserving of whatever accolades come her way.
    Great player but I sometimes wondered if their predictability in using her made it easier to slow her down. Without the Shocks maybe she can get her first Valley Tournament Championship!

Comment

25-10, 25-22, 25-20
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Cincinnati had a hard time getting started, partly due to WSU being solid and Cincy being, well, bad. After that the Shocks just grinded out the win. That's 5 straight sweeps, mostly of the rout variety as on 3 of the 15 sets did the opponent even get to 20 points.

Impressive run. I hope the ladies are able to develop some sharpness that will translate to much stiffer competition come tourney time.

4 more matches....and no offense to Memphis, but the next 2 are the ones that are most concerning. Friday at Tulsa, Sunday at SMU. Get through those and it should be a clean sweep of their first trip through the AAC and a shot at hosting a 1st-2nd round pod.

Comment

I was certainly surprised by the score of the 1st set. Sounds like it was a combination of the Shockers playing well and Cincy playing poorly. Sets 2 and 3 were more in line with what I expected.

Shockers' magic number is now 2 but I think they will be disappointed if they don't run the table. Hopefully, they have the Championship and the NCAA auto-bid in hand come next Sunday and the remaining two matches with Memphis are just a victory lap and a celebration, especially Senior Day on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Mark you calendars now or that one Shocker fans.

Alex struggled today and Emma contributed very little as well. Brook Smith did see action in Set 3 and registered kills on both of ther attack attempts.

So glad Abbie decided to give D-1 Volleyball a go instead of D-II basketball

The countdown (or count up) for Emily is now at 68.

Comment

Abbie Lehman is the American Conference Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week.

Abbie earns a weekly American honor for the fourth straight week. Yea, she is playing pretty good volleyball for a farm girl.

:applouse:

Comment

Working...
            X