Shocks at ECU and at Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at ECU and at Cincy

The next two weekends will pretty much tell the tale for how the Lady Shocks will finish in the AAC race. The only 2 matches remaining thereafter are the away and home matches with Memphis sandwiched around Turkey Day. The next 5 matches are on the road.

Perhaps it had a lot to do with the timing of the Shocks joining the AAC but the conference did them no favors in scheduling. 2nd place SMU plays 11 home matches and 9 road matches and the two teams it plays only once are a combined 11-17 in conference play (UCF and USF) at this point. OTOH, the Shocks play 9 home matches and 11 road matches and the two teams they play only once are a combined 7-21 in conference play (Houston and Tulane).

This weekend the Shocks are on the road at 4th place ECU (18-9, 9-5) on Friday 3:30 pm CT and at 5th place Cincy (10-16, 8-6) on Sunday at 11:00 am CT in what I believe is the toughest travel paring in the AAC this year.. The Shocks swept Cincy 25-22, 30-28 and 25-19 and they swpt ECU 25-16, 27-25, 25-19 in Koch Arena 3 weekends back.

The Shocks were not totally happy with the way they played this past weekend so I'm assuming they have had pretty focused week of practice.

At this point the Shockers stll control their own destiny. Let's hoep it stays that way.

Shocker Match Notes

:poster_shocks:

Note that SMU hosts Temple tonight at 7:00 pm and they host UConn on Saturday at 1:00 pm. Go Owls and Go Huskies!
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 9, 2017, 02:02 PM.

Pablo has the Shockers as > 85% winners in each of these two matches. Somehow, I think the Shocks will still have to play them.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; November 9, 2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Temple 3 - SMU 2 (21-25, 17-25, 26-24, 25-22, 17-15)

Comment

Anyone has tried to buy a subscription to watch the match of today? I can't find the link to sign-up and buy the match.
      I tried to look for it at this page: http://www.ecupirates.com/watch/?Live=1213&type=Live

any help is welcome!
      Thanks

Comment

anyone has tried to buy the subscription for today match? I tried to look for the sign-up button and to buy a daily subscription at the following link:

but I could not find it.
        any help is welcome thanks

Comment

As a reminder, the Friday match at ECU has a 330pm CT start. WBB has the court later tonight at ECU.

And there is no audio, no sub for Mike? It appears the video is free, however.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; November 10, 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

ECU is a very interesting and dangerous team. The have far exceeded expectations this season and according to Lambo there record is better than their underlying stats would suggest. This implies a team to me that is mentally tough and that will do the little things and whatever it takes to generate wins.

Looks like their is no Shocker audio stream today with Mike in town for tonights men's basketball home opener vs UMKC.

Might be video available on ECU's web site in addition to the live stats. Can't tell if that is a premium pay video stream or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Might be video available on ECU's web site in addition to the live stats. Can't tell if that is a premium pay video stream or not.
              I am wondering if this is one of the "conference-sponsored" free-video matches.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                flyingMoose commented
                Editing a comment
                Now I am beginning to wonder if we are going to some work-study dude sitting at one end with a GoPro strapped to his head.

Oh ye of little faith. Players on the court, but no audio except for the incessant buzz.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                The buzzing video isn't even the WSU match. Looks like maybe ECU vs UCF.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Now it's the Shockers but this will have to watched without audio I think.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

You can get a video feed on the ECU athletics site. No audio, but the video quality seems good.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

ECU's athletics site has a free video stream. I tried to post a link but it was flagged as spam I guess.

No audio but the video quality looks good.

Comment

Set One

From 3-3, the Shockers stretch it out to 7-3. A little back-and-forth follows, but the Pirates take a timeout at 12-7.

To no avail. At 18-8, ECU takes their second timeout. Mikaela has been serving for much of the run.

From 23-9, some late attack errors by the Shockers close the gap before the finish.

Shockers 25-13 ECU

.342 v .029

Last edited by flyingMoose; November 10, 2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Dominating 1st set for the Shocks. Which I guess is good considering they have had some issues getting off to good starts this year.

And this is with Abbie well below her normal self. Good to see Alex bouncing back after struggling agianst Temple.

Hope they can keep it up.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

ECU hanging with the Shocks early in Set 2. Tabitha has 5 kills but she also has 5 attack errors.

Comment

Shocks up 16-13. Timeout by ECU? Its hard to tell with no audio.

Comment

Working...
                          X