Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this guy as a women’s coach?

Comment

Good guy, good coach, but we'll need a coach that has recruited at the D1 level and coached a true D1 system. Adam is not that guy. There are NONE in the Wichita area. There are many coaches from Wichita (and some even still in Wichita) that could coach at the pro level, but that's just a different beast.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; May 16, 2023, 10:03 PM.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Good guy, good coach, but we'll need a coach that has recruited at the D1 level and coached a true D1 system. Adam is not that guy. There are NONE in the Wichita area. There are many coaches from Wichita (and some even still in Wichita) that could coach at the pro level, but that's just a different beast.
        We need to go after a coach that’s proven he can win consistently at WSU.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I had the same concerns about Coach B when she was hired. I don't know enough about college soccer to say much on coaching, but if nothing else, picking up a few BCC girls for the roster wouldn't hurt. They're obviously winners.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I had the same concerns about Coach B when she was hired. I don't know enough about college soccer to say much on coaching, but if nothing else, picking up a few BCC girls for the roster wouldn't hurt. They're obviously winners.
            Yup, and there have been lots of players going D1 from Wichita as well.

Comment

What? No one wants to see this guy in a Shocker sweater again?

BRING BACK TED!!!

Comment

At the Shocker Caravan in Hutch last night, Saal referenced women's soccer twice. Once when discussing the re-configuration of the track to accommodate a soccer field, and discussing locker rooms under the west side bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  At the Shocker Caravan in Hutch last night, Saal referenced women's soccer twice. Once when discussing the re-configuration of the track to accommodate a soccer field, and discussing locker rooms under the west side bleachers.
                  I know I keep saying it, but it just makes sense and has for a long time. I'm just waiting for the official announcement so we can get excited about hiring and how recruiting to a new program goes at first.

And then there's soccer.

The west side (locker rooms) are supposed to be started next summer correct? Not sure how long knock down and reconstruction should take, but a team could be announced before all of that is finished as you'd need a year, or two, to recruit a team to put on the field.

I'm just excited to hear that it was mentioned again. I'm not sure if soccer would be my 3rd or 4th favorite program at WSU, but it would have my support. Ok, probably 3rd. Sorry volleyball.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Comment

Soccer? Ole Ross is spinning in his grave....

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Soccer? Ole Ross is spinning in his grave....
                        Did you know WSU had a women's soccer team back in Ross' day (for realz)?

Comment

Here is where I think Saal is brilliant. We could be the thing quickly with lots of NIL money to be found. Why? Cause it’s different, people can immediately step up and make an individual statement that doesn’t feel like a lost cause. Averaging 2-3k fans a game is easily possible. Selling licensed apparel will be a huge success. Becoming a regional or national power is far more achievable than outside of track, any other sport.

I could throw $100.00 month towards womens soccer or track or even softball and feel like I’m not just setting it ablaze.
                          Last edited by shoxlax; June 6, 2023, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Had a crazy thought.

Although it might surprise many, Wichita has a surprising connection to a lot of old school soccer players and money.

With San Diego getting an MLS team, it might just happen that the San Diego Loyal (owned in part by Landon Donovan) might look to relocate.

Perhaps a committee could be formed to reach out to struggling USL Championship sides. Cessna Stadium, if they don’t cut any corners, I believe would meet all requirements. Add extra revenue and establish Wichita as a Soccer hub.

Comment

Did you know WSU had a women's soccer team back in Ross' day (for realz)?
                              Let me dig out some photos. I went to a couple of games.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Let me dig out some photos. I went to a couple of games.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X