No announcement yet.

E. Victor Nickerson - SF, Class of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the 2012 class to be Perry Ellis, Love, Thurman, and one more "buddy" of Ellis'. Add in an early commit from Conner Frankamp (2013) and I'm good.

Let's start with Nickerson!!!
    Livin the dream

Comment

If push came to shove, his two favorites today are Charlotte and DePaul.

In the fast lane

Comment

Time for the staff to put on the full court press!!!
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shaun Williams has tweeted that Nickerson attended Major Madness last night at Charolotte.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Coming down to it I felt we had a better chance at Miles. Just don't think this one is gonna happen. Hope I'm wrong though.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
              Coming down to it I felt we had a better chance at Miles. Just don't think this one is gonna happen. Hope I'm wrong though.
              Pretty easy to agree with this.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                If push came to shove, his two favorites today are Charlotte and DePaul.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/conten...ta&CID=1142301
                Per the Eagle this morning,
                * Forward E. Victor Nickerson will choose between DePaul and Charlotte soon, Norcross (Ga.) coach Jesse McMillan said in an e-mail. Nickerson, ranked No. 133 in Rivals.com's top 150 seniors, visited WSU in September

The link is from today's Cross Country Headline on the Shockernet Home page.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Trop have we struggled more in recruiting this year than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                    I'd be interested to hear Trop's take on this as well, but it may be that we have actually just made the final cut of teams on more high profile guys so we have noticed not getting them, instead of being cut from consideration earlier in the process. It seems hard to say that you have struggled too much with three verbals on four scholarship openings before the fall signing period.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Good Point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                        Perhaps I'll add more when I get to a regular keyboard, but I agree with Madhatter. Nickerson and Miles were the first time in the final few for top 150 HS recruits in the Marshal era. To me the little guard that went elsewhere is no big deal. We had one at least as good waiting.

I really liked Murry, Kyles and Stutz when we recruited them. None of them were top 150. When others get a chance hopefully they will also come through.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

OK, here is the downer part. Not getting the top 150 or hopefully better recruits makes it difficult to maintain being at the top of the conference each and every year. How many of you think we will be just as good or better next year? Probably not many of us unless we get another REALLY good, perhaps JC PF, in.

And perhaps most importantly is this. It's going to make it much easier to keep coach Marshall and staff for many years if they are successful in attracting big time recruits. I'm sure they want to win big on a national scale and they know it takes good recruiting results. We are doing OK in recruiting compared to other MVC teams. But, we need to do better than that.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Our recruiting has been way more consistent with Gregg than with Mark. That recruiting consistency has transferred into consistency on the floor. Winning big this year will mean more Top150 looks and more Top150 signings.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

The signings will come when we're producing on the floor. Once we're dancing and on a consistent basis we'll definitely land some of these guys.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                                The signings will come when we're producing on the floor. Once we're dancing and on a consistent basis we'll definitely land some of these guys.
                                An excellent point.

Prospects want to play in the Big Dance more than they want to breathe.

I like your choice of words, "consistent basis."
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X