E. Victor Nickerson - SF, Class of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. Victor Nickerson - SF, Class of 2011

According to the Norcross (Ga.) High School basketball blog, 6-7 SF E. Victor Nickerson has scheduled a visit to WSU. He also has visits scheduled for Colorado, Richmond and UNC-Charlotte.

(The same blog confirms our continued involvement with Josiah Moore, a 6-4 SG on the same team)

E. Victor is Rivals' No. 24 ranked small forward in the U.S. and No. 133 overall player.

He is in the ESPN Top 100 at No. 86

Here's his Scout profile
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

We're bound to land one of the many SFs we're looking at in '11.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let's get both of em.
      In the fast lane

Comment

And I wouldn't complain with a combo deal for these two. The last 'ship would then have to go to a big. I hope we have more than just Evan signing come November.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Re: E. Victor Nickerson - SF, Class of 2011

Now this is what I'm talking about; Top 100 players ON CAMPUS.

He's starting to put on weight (200 lbs) but he looks like he's got the frame to be 220+.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

I've gooled Nickerson many times in the past thinking the Shockers might get involved. He's gone from a post player to adding the outside game to his skills. Will have to see if he is fast enough to play the three on defense. It does sound like he has a motor.
            In the fast lane

Comment

3-stars by scout. Ranked on ESPN and Rivals. On Campus.

And our competition is only Colorado, Richmond, Charlotte
              :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02

Tad Boyle is a recruiter so I'm not going to blow Colorado off like I would in the past. They have some issues but the man knows how to recruit I think.

Richmond and Charlotte have the closer to home angle, but I'd feel pretty good over them. But neither one is a horrible program I don't think. I don't follow all those schools that closely but they've been known to make a little noise from time to time. Don't know who their coaches are.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Originally posted by shocks02

Tad Boyle is a recruiter so I'm not going to blow Colorado off like I would in the past. They have some issues but the man knows how to recruit I think.

Richmond and Charlotte have the closer to home angle, but I'd feel pretty good over them. But neither one is a horrible program I don't think. I don't follow all those schools that closely but they've been known to make a little noise from time to time. Don't know who their coaches are.
                  I agree, don't get over confident... Tad is a super salesman. Don't overlook Richmond and Charlotte either.
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Interesting that Nickerson is moving from a 1 in HS to a 3. Eventhough he would need to add some weight, with experience at center and a developing outside shot, he would seem like a good replacement for JT at PF for the Shox or for anyone.

Question: Why so much interest at SF? After this year, won't PF be the most vunerable position. I would think at least 2 of the 4 schollies would go to PFs; one probably to a juco the other to a HSr.

Getting both of these teammates would be very nice, but leave us a little light at the 2.

Comment

This kid might be able to come in as a PF and move to the SF after a year or two, or be a very good PF for years to come.

I too thought we might grab a freshman big (maybe Victor) and a juco big. Also thought SF or PG for the last ship.

I don't think we will be thin at the 2 in 2011-12...We'll have seniors Murry and Kyles with Smith on the wing and sophomore Richardson in reserve. Either Ragland or Williams could slide over as well. Add in Wessel and a player to be named later and we would again be stacked from top to bottom (assuming our five new commers work out to some degree or another).
                      Livin the dream

Comment

My bad. Maybe I was out in the sun too much today. My number system was askew.

Victor played the 5 (not 1) in HS and I think we'll be weak at the 4 (not 2). Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                          Interesting that Nickerson is moving from a 1 in HS to a 3. Eventhough he would need to add some weight, with experience at center and a developing outside shot, he would seem like a good replacement for JT at PF for the Shox or for anyone.

Question: Why so much interest at SF? After this year, won't PF be the most vunerable position. I would think at least 2 of the 4 schollies would go to PFs; one probably to a juco the other to a HSr.

Getting both of these teammates would be very nice, but leave us a little light at the 2.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Yes, we will be weak at the PF spot if we don't sign at least one or two bigs. A 6-7 tweaner like Victor might work out just fine, but we will need at least one more 6-8 or taller player.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Rivals shows offers from:

Charlotte, East Carolina, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Mercer, Oklahoma State & UTEP.

So there may be more competition than previously mentioned. Granted he doesn't have any of those on his list to visit. Kind of interesting IMHO. I wonder how many unofficial visits he has gone on.

Also he can only take 5 official visits right? So if he visits the 4 listed he can take one more?
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X