EARLY SIGNING PERIOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Is that the same Bobby Hill that was a freshman at Illinois St. then transferred?

If so, I don't remember him being all that impressive, even for a freshman.
    Same guy, yes. He did struggle early as a feshman, but came on strong and started the final 8 games on last season. He became a very strong defender and often drew the opposition's best player.

He will be returning as well as 2 very highly regarded high school players:

6'8 F Jeremy Robinson from Decatur, IL

6'0 PG Kenyon Smith from Chicago Simeon

The Redbirds have 1 scholarship left for the Spring.

The Shocker class looks very strong indeed. Congrats on that. Coach Marshall seems to do a great job on the recruiting trail.

I would give SIU the nod as the top class in the Valley, but WSU is close behind I think. Sounds like Creighton had a good class and the Redbirds class is probably in the Top-5 of the Valley.

Comment

Thanks, GORL.

I knew he came in highly touted but for the life of me could not remember him having much of an impact.

My biased opinion has me believing that WSU, SIU, CU and possibly the Redbirds are going to make sure this year's dip (from a conference perspective) is a temporary one.

Comment

To me it sounds like Kyles is more suited to be an athletic SG. I keep thinking he may be a slightly taller, more athletic version of Sean Ogirri.
        If he shoots like Sean, great.

I would hope his "D" and mental toughness will be an upgrade.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

His defense is said to need some work. That was part of what made me think of SO.

Comment

Thanks, GORL.

I knew he came in highly touted but for the life of me could not remember him having much of an impact.

My biased opinion has me believing that WSU, SIU, CU and possibly the Redbirds are going to make sure this year's dip (from a conference perspective) is a temporary one.
            I believe you are correct. I think the Redbirds are finally ready to make the move into the upper tier Valley teams along with you guys, SIU, CU and BU. You guys have been doing it for years now and it's about time the Redbirds start pulling their weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb
              Thanks, GORL.

I believe you are correct. I think the Redbirds are finally ready to make the move into the upper tier Valley teams along with you guys, SIU, CU and BU. You guys have been doing it for years now and it's about time the Redbirds start pulling their weight.
              I know there are a number of us here hoping that happens as well. You guys should see some kind of post season this year.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Now if we can just get EO here to complete the other great recruiting session that CGM threw together when he arrived, we will be cooking with fire and have quality depth at every solitary position with quality!!! Now that will pay us some positive dividends and ROI as the Season develops and put us in the hunt at the end when it counts. Reply #21=7 times 3.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Since it is now obvious that someone, besides the seniors, on this year's team won't be here on scholarship next year, does coach still keep recruiting for the 08 class, or is he just gonna be going for the 09 and 10 classes now?

Comment

I'm sure they'll stay in touch with the '08 guys but I'd guess they'd start spending more time with the '09 and '10 kids. The sooner you get in with them and the more contact made the better our chances.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

These new recruits better be good because cant say this years have shown very much so far.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                        These new recruits better be good because cant say this years have shown very much so far.
                        what an idiot. shut up. This year is just getting started. New players getting use to the older players and new system. It aint gonna be easy, but we just need to get other players involved. IF Clemente and Gris dont get going soon, this year is going to be very bumpy. Those two are crucial pieces that need to get it going on offense. It would also help if our best player could get out of his funk. GO SHOX.

:wsu_posters:
                        ________
                        Mflb
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Clemente is what I expected. Ellis looks to have tremendous upside. Hatch wasn't a Marshall recruit so he really doesn't count. I thought Mantas would be more of a scoring threat and offensive minded.
                          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Clemente is what I expected. Ellis looks to have tremendous upside. Hatch wasn't a Marshall recruit so he really doesn't count. I thought Mantas would be more of a scoring threat and offensive minded.
                            Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

i agree with that

Comment

We had better start shaping up pretty fast, because I can just imagine what our signed and potential recruits are thinking at this point!

They have to come out and play a real good game on Monday just to save face.

Comment

Working...
                                X