Will Clyburn- 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Clyburn- 2010

I didn't see this guy mentioned so I'm adding him.

Will Clyburn is a SF at Marshalltown C.C.

WSU has at one time offered him a scholarship along with Central Michigan, Duquesne, Northern Iowa, and St Louis.

He is #53 in the Juco. 150.

The native of Detroit is one of three front line players at Marshalltown who will likely be playing D-1 next year. He has mid-range jumper ability, is athletic with long arms, quick and can play above the rim.

He has around 10 offers but those listed in calfan's post were mentioned by Clyburn in an article by Iowa State's Rival site. Iowa State could offer if a scholarship becomes available.

After watching him last Fall, Hoopmasters expected him to get mid-major to high to high major interest.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Iowa State has now offered.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
        That should confirm that he is a MVC-level talent.

Comment

This certainly looks like a current offer by the Shockers. It's been said that Wichita State, Northern Iowa and St. Louis were Clyburn's favorites. Iowa State's offer might change that that.

In a recent game the 6-6 SF scored 54. He is averaging around 19 a game with 8 rebounds.
          In the fast lane

Comment

54 is a lot.

Comment

New Rival's article out about Clyburn says offers are from Iowa State, Wichita State, Northern Iowa, Duquesne, St. Bonaventure, Utah, Central Michigan and Saint Louis.

He has already taken an official to St. Louis. He plans to spend the next week setting up official visits to 4 other schools.

The 6-6 player is being recruited by most as a SF who could also play some SG.
              In the fast lane

Comment

According to Shockwaves, we are 1 of those 4 schools Clyburn is visiting.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

He was at the game tonight.

Comment

Sorry to state the obvious above...but this kid sounds like a player and one who would fit in well with the system.

Comment

Coach Marshall said he will begin player evaluations in a week or two. Until then, he said his focus will be on recruiting. To my knowlege, we have 1 ship left which will probably go to a point guard. However, many years result in maybe another opening which would open the door for a solid player such as Mr. Clyburn that could offer immediate help in our player rotation.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

6-6 SF sounds awfully tempting.
                        and 54 in a game?
                        goodness.
                        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                          and 54 in a game?
                          goodness.
                          Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire! :D

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

and 54 in a game?
                            goodness.
                            May want to look a little closer, given some other possible choices.

Clyburn averaged 19.6 ppg, but his shooting % for a 3 is so so. 45% FG, 26% 3 pt, 70% FT.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                              and 54 in a game?
                              goodness.
                              May want to look a little closer, given some other possible choices.

Clyburn averaged 19.6 ppg, but his shooting % for a 3 is so so. 45% FG, 26% 3 pt, 70% FT.
                              26 is sub so-so in my book. 30 is so-so. But I split hairs.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X