2008 Signees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Signees

So with the early signing period coming up soon, what do you guys think of this year's class compared to past years?

Clevin Hannah
    Toure Murray
    Garrett Stutz ???
    Brandon Davis ???

Aaron Ellis
    Graham Hatch
    Ramon Clemente
    Mantas Griskeanas
    AJ Hawkins

Gal Mekel
    Arbry Butler
    JT Durley
    Chris Brown

well unless someone else is gone besidss the current seniors, then we are not going to sign both stuntz and davis
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Re: 2008 Signees

Clevin Hannah - recruits always look good until we see them
      Toure Murray - recruits always look good until we see them
      Garrett Stutz ??? - Paul Miller clone?
      Brandon Davis ??? - recruits always look good until we see them

Aaron Ellis - should be good
      Graham Hatch - hopefully a better Blake Ahearn ?
      Ramon Clemente - jury is out but the hope is high
      Mantas Griskeanas - should be good
      AJ Hawkins - we'll see in a year

Gal Mekel - solid player
      Arbry Butler - hope springs eternal
      JT Durley - needs to "rev his motor"?
      Chris Brown - who?
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

Clevin Hannah - recruits always look good until we see them
        Toure Murray - recruits always look good until we see them
        Garrett Stutz ??? - Paul Miller clone?
        Brandon Davis ??? - recruits always look good until we see them

Aaron Ellis - should be good
        Graham Hatch - hopefully a better Blake Ahearn ?
        Ramon Clemente - jury is out but the hope is high
        Mantas Griskeanas - should be good
        AJ Hawkins - we'll see in a year

Gal Mekel - solid player
        Arbry Butler - hope springs eternal
        JT Durley - needs to "rev his motor"?
        Chris Brown - who?
        Don't you think this is a little bit too high of expectations? I wasn't a huge Ahearn fan, but the guy was an all-conference performer at least his last 2 years, maybe more. I don't think there are many who are expecting that out of GH. I would be happy if he ended up being almost as good as Ahearn, with a better coach and team around him.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
          Don't you think this is a little bit too high of expectations? I wasn't a huge Ahearn fan, but the guy was an all-conference performer at least his last 2 years, maybe more. I don't think there are many who are expecting that out of GH. I would be happy if he ended up being almost as good as Ahearn, with a better coach and team around him.
          I did say "hopefully"!! :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I look for Hatch to be more along the lines of Matt Clark. Good shooter. Gives you everything he's got. Smart and can lead.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It is hard evaluate the 2006 and 2007 classes because the only player who has actually played in more than one game is Mekel. However, I'll give it a shot for fun.

I would have to put the 2007 class first at this point.

Aaron Ellis – He will be a player and will break out late Sophomore year.
              Graham Hatch – Solid role player in a couple of years with an outside chance to be something more.
              Ramon Clemente – A solid inside force and a good presence in the locker room. His effort will never be questioned.
              Mantas Griskeanas – He is going to have a good two years at WSU. You people saw that he is capable of hitting the glass – just wait until the shots start falling.
              AJ Hawkins – This kid is a steal. He will push PJ in practice and take over at SG next year. I suspect he needs to work on his outside shot but he has plenty of time to do so.

2006 comes in second – only Mekel has shown he handle significant minutes. Butler and Durley have not played a game and Brown left.

Gal Mekel – Tremendous potential as a floor leader and I think he is going to have a excellent year.
              Arbry Butler – Again, potential is the only way to describe my feelings about Butler. I was really excited about this kids length and athletic ability when he signed. If he continues to work hard, I think he will be a solid role player next year and after that – who knows.
              JT Durley – I think JTD will be fine and will contribute this year.
              Chris Brown – Gone. Nothing to say.

And last the 2008 class – primarily because Hannah and Murray are both guards. CGM needs to sign a solid 4 or a 5 to complete the class. I suppose the jury is still out with regard to this class.

Clevin Hannah – Looks like a good sign.
              Toure Murray – Same with Murray but I hope CGM is done looking at guards.

Garrett Stutz ??? – The kid gets mixed reviews in a weak 2008 class – at least for big men. However, he apparently can shoot the ball and seems like he comes from a good family. I would be happy if he signed but it might take him a few years to completely get on track – like Miller. By the time he is a Junior and if the Nigerian shows up (and stays four years) – WSU could have a heck of a front line.

Brandon Davis ??? – Absolutely no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                I look for Hatch to be more along the lines of Matt Clark. Good shooter. Gives you everything he's got. Smart and can lead.
                Exactly. I'd lump Clark in the same group with Ahearn.

Sorry, I just can't understand how Ahearn was so effective. He never did much against the Shocks. Reminded me a lot of Clark. If we can get that from Hatch, I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

Sorry, I just can't understand how Ahearn was so effective. He never did much against the Shocks. Reminded me a lot of Clark. If we can get that from Hatch, I'd be happy.
                  VBird you are giving Blake Ahearn too little credit. He averaged 13 points a game for a career on good teams. While Matt is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, his statistics don't compare. However, they both were good 3 point shooters (averaging 40%). Matt was a role player on some below average teams. Ahearn was the go to guy on good (but not great) teams. I also think both were good leaders but maybe a step slow on defense. Even so, hopefully Hatch improves and becomes his own player to make this post moot.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

It would be nice if Hatch basically never missed free throws to!

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                      It would be nice if Hatch basically never missed free throws to!
                      I remembered the same thing but when I looked at the all time top 10 leaders in FT % he was no where to be found. I guess he never had 100 attempts to make him eligible???
                      Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

It's to early to make comparisons since we don't know the recruiting class yet. I doubt if both Stutz and Davis will be in it. 2007 is will probably not be shabby considering the circumstances.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                          Originally posted by vbird53

VBird you are giving Blake Ahearn too little credit. He averaged 13 points a game for a career on good teams. While Matt is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, his statistics don't compare. However, they both were good 3 point shooters (averaging 40%). Matt was a role player on some below average teams. Ahearn was the go to guy on good (but not great) teams. I also think both were good leaders but maybe a step slow on defense. Even so, hopefully Hatch improves and becomes his own player to make this post moot.
                          Oh, I know. I was never an Ahearn fan though.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            It's to early to make comparisons since we don't know the recruiting class yet. I doubt if both Stutz and Davis will be in it. 2007 is will probably not be shabby considering the circumstances.
                            Well...We know Stutz is!

Comment

I don't see the comparison between Hatch, Clark, and Ahearn at all. Hatch looks to be much more of a shooter than Clark, he averaged 14.6 ppg at Mesa.

And Murry does not have an 'A' in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X