Tony Smith - Seward County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Smith - Seward County

Anyone heard anything about Seward County PG Tony Smith? Stats look good to me!

Pts - 16.1
    Assists - 7
    Rebounds - 5

I wouldn't mind a 6'5" PG that can put up decent numbers like that... I'm sure the staff is aware of him but I haven't heard anything. But if we end up going after a PG I wouldn't mind him being on the short list based off of the above.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Are turnovers not a statistic that is normally kept? What is his assist/TO?

Comment

re:

If you go onto the Seward stats page,

3.3 TO per game. So over 2/1 Assist/TO ratio.

However, not a great free throw shooter:

49% overall
        36% 3 point
        59% FT

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by Hurley

49% overall
            36% 3 point
            59% FT
            That's just weird. How can a guy shoot 36% on threes and just 59% at the line? Does he have bad aim, or what? The good news is that if by chance he becomes a Shocker, history suggests that Marshall's staff has had some success in improving players' free throw shooting. But there's certainly no guarantee.

Comment

Good thread on him:

Comment

re:

Would be interesting to know who is in on him. Would be perfect for us next season in my opinion.

Trop, any insight?

Comment

I don't believe I've seen anything about his recruitment. Scout's Eric Bossi thinks he is one of the top recruits in the Jayhawk conference after watching the Jayhawk Shoot-out a couple of weeks ago.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

on KSN news last night...
                    Jim kobe reported that Frank Martin and Gregg Marshall both went to watch him play Sunday -both interested in him.

He also reported that Marshall watched Anthony Cousin from BCCC.

Comment

He is from an area of the country that HCGM is familiar with, which doesn't hurt either.

Comment

He would be a "mature" PG. His SCCC bio says he just turned 22 (1/4/88).

Comment

Bossi on Smith:

"Tony Smith, SG/PG, Seward County- Based on what we saw during the Jayhawk Shootout, the 6-foot-4 combo guard from Greenville, N.C. gets our vote as best prospect at the event. A tall ball handler, he’s an exceptional passer who can also give you some scoring punch. Plays both ends and gets to the free throw line."

I've read about Cousin in the past. He is a 5-11 freshman point guard. He is probably academically eligible but I'm not for sure. He was originally from Arkansas and then played in Alaska where he got looks from some major basketball schools. He then went to South Kent, Ct. I believe that was a prep year.

ESPN listed the Shockers as an interested school along with a couple of schools in the East while he was at South Kent so we have probably been looking for awhile.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Re:

Suellentrop said he thought Smith had attended a game. I'm pretty sure he was at the UNI game. Good game for him to attend!

Comment

6"4" PG? Great...hopefully we get this guy or Carter from TRCC.

Comment

Working...
                              X