Demetric Williams Class of 2009 - Committed to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    more info from today's Eagle, got nice bump from PJ's Dad....

http://www.kansas.com/sports/shockers/story/791698.html
    Just curious as to NCAA recruiting rules and the contact Couisnard had with the young man. Does this appear to anyone to be very close to a thin line?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu

Just curious as to NCAA recruiting rules and the contact Couisnard had with the young man. Does this appear to anyone to be very close to a thin line?
      Considering Williams was a friend of Johnson and the contact came because of that relationship I don't think it's an issue. The Cooz family has been very close to Johnson and I believe they'd spend quite a bit of time in Vegas and Johnson in Houston. Being that the family connections existed the way they did.... I'm not worried.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by im4wsu

Considering Williams was a friend of Johnson and the contact came because of that relationship I don't think it's an issue. The Cooz family has been very close to Johnson and I believe they'd spend quite a bit of time in Vegas and Johnson in Houston. Being that the family connections existed the way they did.... I'm not worried.
        Thanks..I forgot about pre-existing relationships.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Does is matter that he is not a WSU alum, employee or booster? I'm not sure what the rules are, but even if there were no pre-existing relationship, it just seems like a guy that had a great experience at WSU with his son and wants to get the word out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
            Does is matter that he is not a WSU alum, employee or booster? I'm not sure what the rules are, but even if there were no pre-existing relationship, it just seems like a guy that had a great experience at WSU with his son and wants to get the word out.
            If anybody is motivated enough, maybe they could post the NCAA definition of a booster. It covers a wide array of interests and I am pretty sure at this point he would be considered a booster.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
              Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
              Beware of those skinny legs.
              It was a different time and a different position on the court, I know, Ricky, but Ron Washington was far skinnier -- and if Williams is as good a Shocker as Washington was, I'll be very pleased.
              Skinny legs = big jumper (usually)
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                In the picture that accompanies the article, does it appear to you that Williams has exceptionally long arms, or is it an optical illusion (camera angle) that makes it appear as though he has rather long arms?
                My exact thought, when I saw the picture. Like you, I wondered about the camera angle. Camera angles can be deceiving.

I have a 36" sleeve length and I swear, it looks like he has a 42" sleeve length.

I wonder how much he will weigh in 2010. I am guessing 185-190.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

fun to get out the baby book now that our boy is grown up and leaving home. It's been a great 4 years Demetric.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I do not think we will ever be short on point guards again whilest Gregg Marshall is in charge.
                    What do you know, a broken clock is right twice a day...

;)
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I do not think we will ever be short on point guards again whilest Gregg Marshall is in charge.
                      Actually Doc may have been a little off with this prediction. Clevin at 5-11, Joe at 6-0, Mal at 6-0 and Fred at 5-11 are all somewhat vertically challenged. Heck even the Shocker women's team plays a 5-11 point on occassion. Fortunately they are all long on talent. :topsy_turvy: JK.

D-Will has turned out to be a very versatile combo guard and one of the fastest players to ever wear the Shocker uniform. I just love it when he is able to turn on the jets in the open court.

105 wins in a Shocker uniform and counting. Now if anyone had predicted that outcome that would have been impressive indeed. Wherever, D-Will ends up it is going to be a number that will be very, very difficult to beat. I hope he makes it at least to 110.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 27, 2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Fortunately, Jake and Tekele at least have a running start at Demetric. Plus, I wonder how they'll count Evan?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Fortunately, Jake and Tekele at least have a running start at Demetric. Plus, I wonder how they'll count Evan?
                          I was just thinking any FR who's come in after DWill should have a shot. You could even talk about the incoming class of Bowles, Holland and Morris. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out as I don't see us struggling too much with 3G running the show.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• VanVleet's win record is going to be stunning.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If D-Will gets to 110 that's 27.5 wins per year. You will need a running start to hit that number. I assume they count games that you actually played in coming up with this number, although I do not know for sure that's the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                If D-Will gets to 110 that's 27.5 wins per year. You will need a running start to hit that number. I assume they count games that you actually played in coming up with this number, although I do not know for sure that's the case.
                                Amazing what an NIT championship run will do for ya.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X