Demetric Williams Class of 2009 - Committed to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demetric Williams Class of 2009 - Committed to WSU

The Shockers have been looking at Demetric Williams, a 6-2 point guard from North Las Vegas, Nevada (Cheyenne H.S.). Also eyeing him are SMU, Pepperdine, UC-Riverside and Texas Southern. He is a good 3 point shooter and uses his athleticism to get to the basket and make other teammates better.
    In the fast lane

Replacement for Reggie C? We could certainly RS him and give him the back-up spot in 10-11.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Iowa and VCU have also shown recent interest.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        Who isn't Iowa looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
          Originally posted by tropicalshox
          Who isn't Iowa looking at?

Comment

They better keep looking. Armstead is going to visit St. John's this weekend instead of his planned trip to Iowa.
            In the fast lane

Comment

88% from the line and 48% from the field as a SR.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I like that.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Interesting......... :D

Comment

I hate it when he does that.

Comment

Williams is #5 in white. One nice clip of him with steal and nice reverse finish on other end.

Comment

Interesting indeed although a little overshadowed by his running mate of three years, Elijah Johnson. Perhaps you will remember Johnson. Cousin of PJ who signed with KU.

Demetric is a very good outside shooter, finds the open man and gets to the basket. And, he can hit free throws! He's received a lot of praise during the last two years. Probably one of the better available high school point guards.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

I do not think we will ever be short on point guards again whilest Gregg Marshall is in charge.

Comment

And while I know you have said you meant shear numbers, but since Clevin signed, I have seen very few mention WSU that were under 6'2.

Long, quick, defensive, MAKERS!!

:goshocks:

The more I read about this kid the more I like him:

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.

Cheyenne did a solid job defending Mike Stewart, Bonanza's leading scorer. Stewart finished with a team-high 17 points but was 6-for-19 from the field.

"Demetric Williams was fantastic on him," Fair said. "He did a fantastic job defensively, and he was huge for us offensively in the second half. He's easily our best on-ball defender."
                            And that was when he was a Soph.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              And while I know you have said you meant shear numbers, but since Clevin signed, I have seen very few mention WSU that were under 6'2.

Long, quick, defensive, MAKERS!!

:goshocks:

The more I read about this kid the more I like him:

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.

Cheyenne did a solid job defending Mike Stewart, Bonanza's leading scorer. Stewart finished with a team-high 17 points but was 6-for-19 from the field.

"Demetric Williams was fantastic on him," Fair said. "He did a fantastic job defensively, and he was huge for us offensively in the second half. He's easily our best on-ball defender."
                              And that was when he was a Soph.
                              I'm the same way DSB. The more I read the more intrigued I am with him.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X