X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      Sweet! 8) :posterwu:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I saw blue, red, black, yellow, white, and grey. He definitely had a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog
          Of course, he might also want to contact Mo Evans and Greg Dreiling to do his due dilligence.

Thats a silly comment... It would be relevant to understand what a city legend has to say after his time at WSU is over. To understand why people left the program early (some before Perry Ellis was born)... who cares? If I'm looking for a new job, do I care what a malcontent thought years ago? Not really...
          If it is relevant to hear what AC thought "years ago," it would also be relevant to see why a city league legend didn't like WSU "years ago"...just saying. AC graduated before PE was born, yet that is somehow okay but GDs experience is meaningless. Not buying it.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
            Originally posted by MadDog
            Of course, he might also want to contact Mo Evans and Greg Dreiling to do his due dilligence.

Thats a silly comment... It would be relevant to understand what a city legend has to say after his time at WSU is over. To understand why people left the program early (some before Perry Ellis was born)... who cares? If I'm looking for a new job, do I care what a malcontent thought years ago? Not really...
            If it is relevant to hear what AC thought "years ago," it would also be relevant to see why a city league legend didn't like WSU "years ago"...just saying. AC graduated before PE was born, yet that is somehow okay but GDs experience is meaningless. Not buying it.
            GD=Greg Dreiling??

If so, his experience was that his girlfriend ended up getting a full-ride scholarship to KU.

If Perry wants his GF to have her college paid for, he has to sign with WSU. That way KU can give his GF a scholarship and it won't be an illegal inducement for Perry. If KU threw a schollie for a lady into the recruitment of Ellis, that would be a violation.

Dreiling's GF was one year younger than him, so WSU had GD for one year.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Interview with Perry at the Boost Elite. Only new info is he probably will not cut the list further until his final decision.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town
                  http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2011/09/02/the-dangers-of-facebook/
                  Haven't we discussed this ad infinitum? I hope no one from this site fell to this level of fumbduckery
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• From the blog:

Associate athletic director Korey Torgerson, who is in charge of NCAA compliance, sends along his suggestions for fans:

1. THINK BEFORE YOU TWEET. Breaking NCAA rules can render prospects and student-athletes ineligible for competition at Wichita State University. The NCAA holds the University accountable for the actions of fans and friends. In some cases, impermissible fan/booster behavior will cause a school to cease recruitment of a prospective student-athlete.
                    2. A booster MAY NOT make recruiting contacts with prospects, relatives, legal guardians or “mentors.” The prohibition includes written and telephone communications and social media networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
                    3. A booster MAY NOT contact a prospect via social media and encourage them to enroll at the school you support, even if you don’t think you qualify under the definition of the term “booster.” Assume that you meet the definition and avoid contacting prospects.
                    4. A booster MAY NOT contact a prospect’s coach, principal, or counselor in an attempt to evaluate the prospect.
                    5. A booster MAY NOT become involved in arranging for a prospect, a student-athlete, their family or high school coaches to receive gifts, money or financial benefits of any kind. This includes organizing or participating in the creation of fan sites designed to raise money or collect donations of any items of value.
                    6. A booster MAY NOT provide transportation to a prospect, student-athlete or their friends and family.
                    7. A booster MAY NOT spend funds to entertain prospects, student-athletes or their friends and family.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...#ixzz1WqIGtAq6

Comment

• Well I was informed that Paul was the one who turned the FB page into the compliance office, so I kind of question his motives a bit on this situation. Was he doing what was best for the program by looking out for it, or was he creating a story to write about?
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Kentucky certainly isn't in a hurry to schedule the in home with Ellis. Payne is a Kentucky assistant.

GTuckersportsGarrett Tucker

Kenny Payne contacted the Perry Ellis family today to inform them that the staff will schedule their in-home visit in the next week
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                          Kentucky certainly isn't in a hurry to schedule the in home with Ellis. Payne is a Kentucky assistant.

Kenny Payne contacted the Perry Ellis family today to inform them that the staff will schedule their in-home visit in the next week
                          They needed more time to finish putting together the compensation, err . . . financial aid package they intend to offer him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            Kentucky certainly isn't in a hurry to schedule the in home with Ellis. Payne is a Kentucky assistant.

They needed more time to finish putting together the compensation, err . . . financial aid package they intend to offer him.
                            Does UK still get that bulk discount from Emery on the envelopes and shipping?

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                              Well I was informed that Paul was the one who turned the FB page into the compliance office, so I kind of question his motives a bit on this situation. Was he doing what was best for the program by looking out for it, or was he creating a story to write about?
                              Bob Lutz has mentored him?

Comment

• Facebook

Actually, it looks to me as though Paul S was looking out for WSU and did the Shocks a favor by pointing out the page to the compliance folks before it got out of hand. After all, it's not as if he was revealing some big secret -- how hard would it be for someone to stumble upon a page like that?

Granted, it's a stupid concern for the NCAA to have -- gee, what a surprise: the NCAA doing something stupid in terms of enforcement -- but, stupid or not, there's no need to mess around in a situation like this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X