Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Let me preface what I'm about to say by stating I want Perry in the Yellow and Black as much as anyone.

But Bill Self and Danny Manning would coach Perry up the right way. There may be an allure to playing Cal's dribble drive offense, but real basketball skills are being taught in Lawrence.
    Great post. The train was coming of the tracks in here. Plenty of good reasons to pick WSU. Bill Self and Coach K not being able to coach the game is not one of them. Perry's skill set will be enhanced at any of the colleges he is considering, except Junction City State.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Ah, BoBB, but he could learn the art of whizzing in a towel on the sideline. A valuable lesson every kid should learn.

Comment

• Did anyone happen to notice the shoes that Mr. Ellis was sporting?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Did anyone happen to notice the shoes that Mr. Ellis was sporting?
          I did not get the opportunity to watch the game, and after reading feedback from those who did decided not to watch.

What was noticable about the shoes he was wearing?

Comment

Black and yellow?

Comment

• Ellis will have a formal meeting with the WSU staff soon. It means nothing – the meeting I mean. Ellis and his family know everything they need to know about WSU.

If I was CGM, and I am not, I would try to convince AC to talk with Ellis. Being a home product brings with it special burdens and AC can speak to that. I assume Ellis knows the staff, knows what the facilities are like, and knows the crowd. So…..what to offer a high school senior from Wichita with the world at his finger tips?

I would love it if the kid signs with WSU – I am perplexed he removed Duke from his list. I am also heartened that WSU is still there. Figure out what he wants CGM – you can offer that.

Comment

• AC better not be talking to Ellis. The last thing we need right now is a recruiting violation...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Ricky Ross supposedly got 100k from the Beakers. I would prefer that HCGM did not offer that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    AC better not be talking to Ellis. The last thing we need right now is a recruiting violation...
                    I believe, though I am not certain, that PE could contact AC on his own if he so desired. At this stage in the game, that would be seem to be prudent. Of course, he might also want to contact Mo Evans and Greg Dreiling to do his due dilligence.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Of course, he might also want to contact Mo Evans and Greg Dreiling to do his due dilligence.

Thats a silly comment... It would be relevant to understand what a city legend has to say after his time at WSU is over. To understand why people left the program early (some before Perry Ellis was born)... who cares? If I'm looking for a new job, do I care what a malcontent thought years ago? Not really...

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                        AC better not be talking to Ellis. The last thing we need right now is a recruiting violation...
                        Not an option then. I was not aware it would be a violation to have former players speak to recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                          Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Not an option then. I was not aware it would be a violation to have former players speak to recruits.
                          Would it be an option to have Paul Sullentrop interview AC and ask the pertinent questions and publish it in the newspaper. HCGM could then forward same to PE to make certain he didn't miss it.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                            Originally posted by Maggie
                            Would it be an option to have Paul Sullentrop interview AC and ask the pertinent questions and publish it in the newspaper. HCGM could then forward same to PE to make certain he didn't miss it.
                            What happened to the size limit on signatures?
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                              Originally posted by Maggie
                              That could be done. And I believe Perry could call up AC if he wanted to as well and since he initiated contact it would be ok. Not positive though
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

so what was the color? 8) :posterwsu:
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X