No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes they could of and I'm trying to find out but no reply yet.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
      Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Originally posted by tropicalshox
      Shocker staff again at Heights' open gym last night watching Perry. Putting on a full court press?

Also there were... Missouri State.
      Seems like a waste of time and money for the Bears, not that I care.
      They could have been looking at someone besides Perry
      I'm sure that's the case, and it's still a waste of resources.

No Wichita player good enough to play at WSU is going to Springfield if we want them.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Travis Walk .....Heights
        Johnny Murdock...South

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Originally posted by moshock
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Shocker staff again at Heights' open gym last night watching Perry. Putting on a full court press?

Also there were... Missouri State.
          Seems like a waste of time and money for the Bears, not that I care.
          They could have been looking at someone besides Perry
          I'm sure that's the case, and it's still a waste of resources.

No Wichita player good enough to play at WSU is going to Springfield if we want them.
          Not all MSU recruits are good enough to play at WSU . That obviously isn't the case with Perry but may be with other players in the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo
            Travis Walk .....Heights
            Johnny Murdock...South
            Walk - not good enough for WSU
            Murdock - Playing from 1991 to 1995 I don't blame him for leaving Wichita, but I'm talking about the current state of both programs.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
              Not all MSU recruits are good enough to play at WSU . That obviously isn't the case with Perry but may be with other players in the gym.
              If this is true (and I can't say I disagree with you), Cuonzo won't last long at SMS.
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Murdock was not offered a scholly. Cohen was the coach at the time I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                  Cohen was the coach at the time I believe.

I think that alone adequately describes the situation.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• I still don't forgive Eddie Fogler.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      I still don't forgive Eddie Fogler.

I think my position on Coach Fogler is clear, but I won't get in the way of anyone who wants to pound on him for the whole Cohen deal. His ego, unfortunately, got the best of him and it cost WSU DEARLY.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        I still don't forgive Eddie Fogler.

I think my position on Coach Fogler is clear, but I won't get in the way of anyone who wants to pound on him for the whole Cohen deal. His ego, unfortunately, got the best of him and it cost WSU DEARLY.
                        Now thats not fair Doc...a couple years ago I made a joke about Fogler. Just a joke, not being serious at all, and you ripped me a new one. The physical pain has since gone, but the emotional scars remain to this day. :cry:
                        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                          Murdock was not offered a scholly. Cohen was the coach at the time I believe.
                          Cohen said at the time he could not find Murdocks house to talk to him. Yeah Wichita is a really big place and no one could have helped him find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo
                            Originally posted by Dan
                            Murdock was not offered a scholly. Cohen was the coach at the time I believe.
                            Cohen said at the time he could not find Murdocks house to talk to him. Yeah Wichita is a really big place and no one could have helped him find it.
                            Similar thing happen to Jamal Walker, Scott Thompson recruited him. Scott was 20-25 minutes late, called and said he couldn't find his house. Jamal lived less than 3 minutes from WSU. Spoon was 5-10 minutes early. This wasn't a major deal, but his parents weren't impressed by it. However, Jamal almost came to WSU, he thought hard and long about it, stay at home so mom and dad could watch. Plus be a home town hero (those are his words to me). In the end, he felt like St. Louis and Spoon wanted him more (they recruited him very hard and early), WSU was a last minute type recruiting effort, so his mind had mostly been made up. For the record, I asked Jamal if Eck played a major roll in his decession, he said no, both places had it's pluses, but like I said before it came down to the coach.

Comment

• Jamal would not have only been a huge fan favorite, but a great ambassador for WSU. One of the finest young men I've known.

A lot of talent got out of Wichita during "those times". Jamal, Johnny, Adrian Griffin, Brian Jackson(another fine, fine young man, may he rest in peace).

Comment

• It is just a hunch, but something tells me that Marshall will not have any trouble finding potential recruits' homes in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                                X