No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are actually mentioned as one of the schools that is interested in Perry in this article. I think it's a first.

In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
      We are actually mentioned as one of the schools that is interested in Perry in this article. I think it's a first.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...stylin-on-you/
      Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan and Grant Hill all rolled into one?

A mighty fine package, I must say!

We don't stand a chance, but we can dream.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I still bet that a better percentage of blue chippers that go to Wichita State make the NBA than blue chippers that go to Kansas. Wichita State blue chippers do not get lost in other blue chippers, their contributions are isolated against other less talented players and so their talents are more easily noticed as they make a greater impact for their team. Although they get less early season notice their reputation slowly builds and they get billed not so eventually as lottery picks. See A.
        Carr, Cliff Levingston, Xavier McDaniel, Maurice Evans. Ellis would be next; plus loved way more by hometown fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse
          I still bet that a better percentage of blue chippers that go to Wichita State make the NBA than blue chippers that go to Kansas. Wichita State blue chippers do not get lost in other blue chippers, their contributions are isolated against other less talented players and so their talents are more easily noticed as they make a greater impact for their team. Although they get less early season notice their reputation slowly builds and they get billed not so eventually as lottery picks. See A.
          Carr, Cliff Levingston, Xavier McDaniel, Maurice Evans. Ellis would be next; plus loved way more by hometown fans.
          But at WSU they have to buy their own cars, clothing, travel, etc.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse
            I still bet that a better percentage of blue chippers that go to Wichita State make the NBA than blue chippers that go to Kansas. Wichita State blue chippers do not get lost in other blue chippers, their contributions are isolated against other less talented players and so their talents are more easily noticed as they make a greater impact for their team. Although they get less early season notice their reputation slowly builds and they get billed not so eventually as lottery picks. See A.
            I love the Shox as much as anybody, but this statement is pretty much a moot point in this day and age. The days of a true blue chipper coming to WSU are pretty much over. Kids these days that are blue chippers will go to schools like KU, UNC, Duke, etc... because they will likely only have one or two years to showcase their talents before heading to the league. And, like it or not, they will get more exposure at one of those schools than they would at WSU. Honestly, I'm fine with this. WSU can bring in kids that are talented and can work hard and mold them into a true team and win just as much.

Comment

• Kinda like Patrick O'Bryant? Not even a blue chipper yet a lottey pick after 2 years in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
                Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                I love the Shox as much as anybody, but this statement is pretty much a moot point in this day and age. The days of a true blue chipper coming to WSU are pretty much over. Kids these days that are blue chippers will go to schools like KU, UNC, Duke, etc... because they will likely only have one or two years to showcase their talents before heading to the league. And, like it or not, they will get more exposure at one of those schools than they would at WSU. Honestly, I'm fine with this. WSU can bring in kids that are talented and can work hard and mold them into a true team and win just as much.
                I agree with much of what you said. However, I think exposure is somewhat overrated. If a player can play, the scouts will find him.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                  Originally posted by ShockCity
                  Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                  I agree with much of what you said. However, I think exposure is somewhat overrated. If a player can play, the scouts will find him.
                  I agree. But, I would say that most players at smaller schools don't get recognized until they are upperclassmen or unless they are on a team that makes some noise nationally. At a larger school with more exposure, you get recognized right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan
                    Kinda like Patrick O'Bryant? Not even a blue chipper yet a lottey pick after 2 years in college.
                    Exactly. Players have to be developed at the smaller school level. You notice that O'Bryant didn't become a "lottery pick" until his team made it to the sweet 16. And, you will notice that his hype was inflated big time. He was still a work in progress and Golden State decided to take a chance on him. Those types of chances are probably the reason Golden State is Golden State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
                      Originally posted by Dan
                      Kinda like Patrick O'Bryant? Not even a blue chipper yet a lottey pick after 2 years in college.
                      Exactly. Players have to be developed at the smaller school level. You notice that O'Bryant didn't become a "lottery pick" until his team made it to the sweet 16. And, you will notice that his hype was inflated big time. He was still a work in progress and Golden State decided to take a chance on him. Those types of chances are probably the reason Golden State is Golden State.
                      POB had NBA scouts at Valley games that entire year. I remember the TV color commentary mention this ad nauseam.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                        Originally posted by ShockCity
                        Originally posted by Dan
                        POB had NBA scouts at Valley games that entire year. I remember the TV color commentary mention this ad nauseam.
                        Having scouts at games and being a lottery pick are two different things. There were scouts at WSU games for both Paul Miller and PJ.

Comment

• I think Perry can go ANYWHERE for a year and be a lottery pick.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• If its only for a year maybe he could go to uk with coach Cal since he was famous for that at memphis. Oh wait, it looks like coach Cal has some problems with the ncaa and memphis will have to vacate its wins in its final 4 season just like providence did with coach Cal and its final 4 season. 3 strikes and your out?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo
                              If its only for a year maybe he could go to uk with coach Cal since he was famous for that at memphis. Oh wait, it looks like coach Cal has some problems with the ncaa and memphis will have to vacate its wins in its final 4 season just like providence did with coach Cal and its final 4 season. 3 strikes and your out?
                              I think you're thinking of UMASS. But it begs the question.... Is Coach Cal the best coach to never have coached in the Final 4? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                I think Perry can go ANYWHERE for a year and be a lottery pick.
                                Agree... 'ANYWHERE'

i.e., Baker, Friends, Newman, KU, K-State, WSU... it doesn't matter.
                                SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                                X