No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I mentioned in a previous post, supposedly Gillespie himself has said (to someone who spoke with a reporter/blogger) that whether they offer a scholarship depends entirely on whether Stutz gets serious about Kentucky. And this comes at the same time that Garrett puts UK his #1 (right after their midnight madness). So there appears to be a communication problem somewhere.

Unless he's starry-eyed about the SEC or UK being an "elite", I can't see why, based on rosters, potential PT, fan support and geography WSU wouldn't rise to the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
      As I mentioned in a previous post, supposedly Gillespie himself has said (to someone who spoke with a reporter/blogger) that whether they offer a scholarship depends entirely on whether Stutz gets serious about Kentucky. And this comes at the same time that Garrett puts UK his #1 (right after their midnight madness). So there appears to be a communication problem somewhere.

Unless he's starry-eyed about the SEC or UK being an "elite", I can't see why, based on rosters, potential PT, fan support and geography WSU wouldn't rise to the top.
      Except maybe Kentucky's 7 national championships and 22,000 seat packed arena?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
        Originally posted by RoyalShock
        As I mentioned in a previous post, supposedly Gillespie himself has said (to someone who spoke with a reporter/blogger) that whether they offer a scholarship depends entirely on whether Stutz gets serious about Kentucky. And this comes at the same time that Garrett puts UK his #1 (right after their midnight madness). So there appears to be a communication problem somewhere.

Except maybe Kentucky's 7 national championships and 22,000 seat packed arena?
        That's what I mean by "UK being an elite". I just question the whole UK thing because of the conflicting info out there.

Comment

• 6'11" Ralph Sampson also just visited Kentucky, and he is down to 2 schools, but I couldn't see who they were because you have to be a Scout member.

Comment

• It would appear that this kid will not commit until he is certain that UK will not offer. UK will likely not offer as long as they have a shot at somebody more highly regarded. Patience.......

Comment

• I thought I read that Kentucky pulled Sampson's offer and he verballed to Minnesota. Not sure how accurate that is, though.

Comment

• will visit SMU this weekend in Dallas.

From rivals.com...

Comment

• He didn't visit this past weekend?

An SMU fan claims to have seen him at their football game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    He didn't visit this past weekend?

An SMU fan claims to have seen him at their football game.
                    Just checked the date from the article, my mistake...

Written october 19.

He probably visited.

Comment

• On Scout.com, SMU and WSU now listed as "high interest". Kentucky moved to "medium interest". Probably doesn't mean anything, but gives me a little more hope.

Comment

• from the Kentucky board:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=48&f=...2754&t=1225312[/url]

Comment

• Having transferred this year to North Kansas City High School to play for Coach Jim Hinrich, the father of NBA player Kirk Hinrich, Stutz has impressed his new coach during preseason workouts.

"Garrett can really shoot the ball," said Coach Hinrich. "From what I've seen, he is probably our best three-point shooter, and It's my understanding that he hit 44 percent from three last year. He has a nice right and left hand to the middle, but he does need to get a little stronger at only 225-pounds. He can also handle the ball a little bit and runs pretty well.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• He will be visiting Marquette this weekend. So much for him saying it would be Kentucky, SMU or us.

Comment

• Garret has always been interested in Marquette. Marquette has not appeared as interested in Garret as the other schools in his father's opinion since there had been no contact by the head coach.

Rivals reports that Kentucky is no longer in the picture for Sampson. He is not willing to commit to them at this time so they have parted ways. Minnesota is one of Sampson's current favorites, but no verbal from him. Kentucky is however very much in the hunt for Singleton, a four star combo forward.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• I noticed Marquette is a Catholic College in Milwaukee. Exactly how big is it?
                                I know they are considered pretty well in Basketball circles.

Garrett seems to like schools with Black and Gold colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X