Damier Pitts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    I think Mekel will start as long as he is here. I don't think Hatch or Preadom is really suited to up-tempo.
    With the quickness and hustle of Preadom you don't think he is suited to an up-tempo game? I think he will be much better player in that type of system.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
      Unlike some of you, I'm not sure that Mekel will be back next year. Do you think that he would want to play off the bench for 2 more years. I wonder. I don't see Hawkins or Hannah coming off the bench. The other player I'm not sure about is Hatch. He is an MT recruit that may be a good shooter, but not a great athlete. Those are 2 possibilities of why WSU is still looking at guards.

Gal was absolutely NOT coming back when Mark left for College Station. He and his family trusted and believed in Mark and essentially would have been re-recruited by Gregg. The simple fact that the young man decided to stay speaks volumes to skills of our new leader.

I have always and will continue to believe that Gal will have to be re-recruited at the end of each season with the likelyhood of his return diminishing with each passing season.

Mark recruited Gal with the belief he could be a difference maker. I agree, if he buys in. I am extemely excited when I hear Gregg say he is the hardest worker we have. I know the team has several kids that are going to bust their ass every minute. If Gal is doing more than those kids then he is going to be fine.

Comment

Let's hope so.

Comment

Hatch may not be the best athlete but by all accounts he's very disciplined and a hard worker. Sometimes, that can make up for lack of athleticism. It's not always about who can run the fastest or jump the highest. I'm not going to expect great things from him, but I do expect him to be a solid contributor and team leader as time passes.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not only am I curious about the new players and how good they are, and EO when he gets here in Dec., but I am also excited to see Hatch, JT, and AB hooping it. While we have several new faces and some unknowns as to how fast we can play together and win consistantly, our quality depth could turn out to be down right impressive and make us a team that is tougher than nails and difficult to beat. By Jan., our defense could be one of the very best in the Valley.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
              Of course I've ranted on this about 100 times now. Maybe I should start my own "Official Stop Making Wild Claims About the Players" thread. ;-)
              Well, as long as it's "Official". :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Hatch may not be the best athlete but by all accounts he's very disciplined and a hard worker. Sometimes, that can make up for lack of athleticism. It's not always about who can run the fastest or jump the highest. I'm not going to expect great things from him, but I do expect him to be a solid contributor and team leader as time passes.
                Maybe he can become a "Nate Funk" (charging shoulder, good shot and all) for us?? ;-)
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think our new players will be improvements over David King, Ryan Bradley, etc. (Please!!! :cry: )

Comment

The topic of this thread has nothing to do with this discussion? :lol:

Comment

Working...
                    X