Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damier Pitts

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damier Pitts

    http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2007/0...errupt-fo.html

    From Charlotte Christian School, Charlotte, NC. This article breaks the news that we have interest in this Rivals and Scout 3 star, 5-10 PG. His current top three are South Florida, Illinois and South Carolina. Some other schools that have been seriously mentioned by Pitts in the past are West Virginia, Oklahoma and Virginia Tech. Class of '08.
    In the fast lane

  • #2
    Pitts is revisiting South Florida this weekend on an official.
    In the fast lane

    Comment


    • #3
      http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/690274.html

      Pitts verbals to Marshall.
      In the fast lane

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tropicalshox
        http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/690274.html

        Pitts verbals to Marshall.
        When you say Marshall, you should probably be a little more specific! :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          That's right Trop! We don't pay you the big bucks to expect THIS in return. For that, you can't have Christmas off recruiting for us this year. Now get busy my friend. Work-work-work---and get us some 4 and 5 stars in here.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know why we keep showing so much interest in guards, perhaps Coach will be playing a 3 guard lineup some.

            Let's see this year: Matt, Gal, Preadom, Hatch, Harris

            Next year: Gal, Hatch, Hawkins, Murry, Hannah

            Did I forget anyone???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I don't know why we keep showing so much interest in guards, perhaps Coach will be playing a 3 guard lineup some.

              Let's see this year: Matt, Gal, Preadom, Hatch, Harris

              Next year: Gal, Hatch, Hawkins, Murry, Hannah

              Did I forget anyone???
              Preadom will still be here too next year

              Comment


              • #8
                Preadom is slated for next year as well. It is possible that Gal will leave and CGM doesn't think WP or GH are going to be good enough. Also, coach may be looking at AJH and TM as a possible SF, espescially if TM's not done growing. If all of that were to fall into place we would only have Clevin. Also, alot of the guards that have been showing up of late could be guys that were simply contacted in the spring and interest has waivered since then, however the recruiting sites are just now posting their info.

                Just some possibilities.
                Livin the dream

                Comment


                • #9
                  Preadom is the type of player that should have more success in Marshall's system than Turgeon's. Hawkins may be the starting SG next year and I doubt that he or Murry will play much SF. Murry is a CG and should probably spend most of his time at the 1 or 2. Hawkins can probably play a little SF if needed. But he won't be, at least next year. Don't get caught up in anyone over 6'3" or whatever being a SF. Tall gaurds are just as nice and I hope we continue to see more come in.

                  I don't see why we'd need another gaurd in the '08 class. Maybe he's keeping up with some of these guys just in case something happens and we need one. I doubt that happens. Hopefully, the last 'ship goes to a PF/C as more post depth appears to be needed more than yet another gaurd.

                  In the '09 class we probably need to get another gaurd and a SF. Time will tell for sure what would be needed but that's how I see it at the moment.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've never met Marshall and I don't know his thoughts. I do know that whenever a new coach comes in, there is some house cleaning that goes on after having a year to evaluate the players inherited. It wouldn't exactly be precedent setting to see Marshall "dismiss" some of the players he inherited because he doesn't feel they are a good fit for the system that he wants to implement. It also doesn't mean that those players aren't any good; its just that their particular skill set might be better for a different system. For example, a good shooter in Turg's system may not have the athleticism to run the floor in Marshall's system.

                    It is also common for new coaches to "dismiss" an occasional inherited player because of personality issues between the new coach and the existing player. These is especially likely when there is a complete shift in personality from the previous coaching staff to the new staff.

                    I'd expect to see some "attrition" in your roster after the end of this year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Another consideration is that CGM might be continuing to follow relationships that he had begun while at Winthrop rather than dropping contact with someone he had previously shown interest in. It seems to me that this just exemplifies the character of the man, that he would continue to follow and continue a relationship if only for the benefit of the youong man he had been following.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

                      A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Preadom is the type of player that should have more success in Marshall's system than Turgeon's. Hawkins may be the starting SG next year and I doubt that he or Murry will play much SF. Murry is a CG and should probably spend most of his time at the 1 or 2. Hawkins can probably play a little SF if needed. But he won't be, at least next year. Don't get caught up in anyone over 6'3" or whatever being a SF. Tall gaurds are just as nice and I hope we continue to see more come in.

                        I don't see why we'd need another gaurd in the '08 class. Maybe he's keeping up with some of these guys just in case something happens and we need one. I doubt that happens. Hopefully, the last 'ship goes to a PF/C as more post depth appears to be needed more than yet another gaurd.

                        In the '09 class we probably need to get another gaurd and a SF. Time will tell for sure what would be needed but that's how I see it at the moment.
                        Like I said...just some possibilities. I actually agree with your thoughts across the board.
                        Livin the dream

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Unlike some of you, I'm not sure that Mekel will be back next year. Do you think that he would want to play off the bench for 2 more years. I wonder. I don't see Hawkins or Hannah coming off the bench. The other player I'm not sure about is Hatch. He is an MT recruit that may be a good shooter, but not a great athlete. Those are 2 possibilities of why WSU is still looking at guards.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Mekel will start as long as he is here. I don't think Hatch or Preadom is really suited to up-tempo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm going to reserve judgment about who should be starting and who can play what kind of tempo, etc. until I at least see them scrimmage. Ideally a couple of games would be better. I don't think one person on this board has EVER seen Hatch, Hannah or Hawkins play in a game (maybe Hawkins?). Until further review our best players are Cousinard, Brauer, Mekel, Preadom and Thomasson. Everyone else is an unproven commodity. In a perfect world would I hope that some of the newcomers will be an upgrade, say to Thomasson or Preadom? Yes. Would I claim that's going to be the case today? No.

                              Of course I've ranted on this about 100 times now. Maybe I should start my own "Official Stop Making Wild Claims About the Players" thread. ;-)
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X