Trevor Releford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Releford

5'9" PG. Kansas City (KS) Bishop Miege. AAU KCPnR. Class of '10.

He'll reportedly be in Wichita for the Specialty Camp this weekend with a number of other prospects. He's the younger brother of KU recruit Travis Releford and has been impressive despite his small stature. He was the MVP of the Jayhawk Invitational earlier this spring with the 16s. He also led the 16s to the title at the Sabes Invite. He sounds like a fast and quick guard.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Isn't Travis around 6'5"?

Comment

Yes he is
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Saw Trevor at the camp today and was impressed. He may be a little guy but he can play. He was quick and was quite the pest on D. He had a number of steals and actually finished one break with a dunk. And his outside shot didn't suck by any means.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sub can you remember some others that you seen

Comment

I can remember quite a few. I'm trying to update the ones we have info on and am looking for info on Rivals from others I remember seeing. I got my hands on a list of names and numbers so I was able to put some names and players together that stood out.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I hope you will able to give us the complete list. If so that would be fantastic

Comment

So he is Spud Webb like. 5'9" and dunking is very good.

Comment

Yeah if he is dunking at 5'9" the kid can get up.

Comment

If he has those hops now, wonder what he'll be able to do when he grows a few more inches.

Comment

Trevor just might like us! Although it doesn't mean anything for sure, WSU was at the top of his list reported by Hoopscoops at Las Vegas. Others were Missouri, Missouri State, Virginia and Wake Forest.

Iowa State is also interested as they watched him a couple of times in Vegas. Earlier reports from various sources had KU, Baylor and K-State interested but I have a feeling they were just prospecting at that time.

I'll double check on this but I'm pretty sure Hoopscoops has him rated well within the top 100 of his 2010 class. Scout currently has him as a 3 star and Rivals hasn't rated him yet.

Word is Missouri State and WSU are going after an early commitment. There could be other MVC schools involved but Trevor didn't mentioned any.

He's in the middle of a growth spurt. His past height was listed at 5-6 not that long ago. Latest listings have been anywhere from 5-9 to 6-0. Whatever, he's super quick and still growing. I have more descriptions of him that I'll put into his recruiting summary.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Pretty sure he wasn't quite 6' at the camp last month. I'd say about 5'10". But I'll say again that he impressed me and I'm sure he'll continue to improve. Hopefully he can grow a few more inches and commit to the Shox!!! :yahoo:

He's still got a few years to go but he may be a player that can cause some problems for opposing Valley teams.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I saw him play this past year, and came away impressed. He's not as talented as his brother, but he'll make a solid D1 player, IMO.

Comment

Hoopscoops has him ranked #35 in his class. It is by far the highest ranking he has, but Hoopscoops is known for their disagreement from Rivals and Scout on a few players from time to time.

Every opinion I've seen has him as the best KC area prospect in the class of 2010.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Trevor is taking in the K-State-North Texas game tonight on an unofficial.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X