Jeff Reid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Reid

Stay up to date with all the Wichita State Shockers sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

A 6-6 SF, Brewster, KS class of '09. Plays with KC Pump & Run 16U. Already has an offer from Kansas State, where his brother Jay played. There is interest from WSU, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Dayton, Missouri, Iowa and Iowa State. Currently a Scout 2 star.
    In the fast lane

He plays at a 1a school in northwest kansas and has no high school competition at all. He isnt even playing against as good of competition as some 5-6a jv teams. If he can perform in summer ball I would consider him a steal but you cannot base anything from his high school play.

Comment

My understanding from the Topeka Hoops Forum is that he may be transfering to one of the Topeka schools.
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Re: Jeff Reid

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        http://wichitastate.scout.com/a.z?s=469&p=8&c=1&cfg=bb&nid=2449092

A 6-6 SF, Brewster, KS class of '09. Plays with KC Pump & Run 16U. Already has an offer from Kansas State, where his brother Jay played. There is interest from WSU, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Dayton, Missouri, Iowa and Iowa State. Currently a Scout 2 star.
        I think you mean Josh (his brother). Josh was a decent player for KSU. I don't think class level has much to do with it. If the kid can shoot like his brother....then we should go for it.

Comment

There was another brother, also. He was only about 6'2", played juco.

Comment

I know he had a brother who played basketball by the name of Jay, and I know he had a brother play at KSU. Being far from a KSU fan, I know nothing after that.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by kpi03
              He plays at a 1a school in northwest kansas and has no high school competition at all. He isnt even playing against as good of competition as some 5-6a jv teams. If he can perform in summer ball I would consider him a steal but you cannot base anything from his high school play.
              But if you would look at who Brewster plays, they play against 5 and 6a teams in tournaments. And they used to win those games. We've all been through the class system on here, and if he can play, he can play. AAU ball is what helps these kids out nowadays.

IMHO, there are some city league teams that wouldn't fair well against some of the better smaller schools in the state.

Comment

KC P&R is a pretty good team at all levels. If he's performing for them then I may be interested. At some point, you'd think Goolsby would push some kids our way...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He's doing very well on the KC P&R U16 with Michael Dixon. Most of the interest is probably due to his AAU play, and there seems to be alot of good schools interested. For those of you with Scout, there are several articles that mention his AAU play.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

In high school I played for a school not too far from brewster. We were 3a and we went to the brewster invitational every year and we didnt even come close to losing a game there. Im talking 30 point blowouts in the finals of the tournament. The only time we ever lost was when this kids brother Jay was a seinor and I was a freshman. He dominated the game basically because he was by far the most superior athelete on the floor and he played like a guard. He was a one man show. If this kid is really 6'6" I would imagine he is a steal but they really do not play very man good teams at all.

Comment

KC Pump N Run AAU competition > Most KS High Schools
                      In high school I played for a school not too far from brewster. We were 3a and we went to the brewster invitational every year and we didnt even come close to losing a game there. Im talking 30 point blowouts in the finals of the tournament. The only time we ever lost was when this kids brother Jay was a seinor and I was a freshman. He dominated the game basically because he was by far the most superior athelete on the floor and he played like a guard. He was a one man show. If this kid is really 6'6" I would imagine he is a steal but they really do not play very man good teams at all.
                      Did he play when you played?
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Nope my younger brother played against him and he dominted bc he is mr everything for his team and also the team my brother played on was trash

Comment

Reid just transferred in to play at Topeka Hayden. He's a very good player for KC P&R and is getting a lot of attention. He has an offer on the table from KSU and lots of interest from several other Big 12 schools. I've heard he may have another possible offer from Iowa State, but I haven't confirmed whether that's true yet . Multiple sources (not Mark, but people I trust) have told me that this kid is pretty good. I know the coach at Hayden is pretty eager to get the season started knowing Reid will be on the roster.

GM's staff has been in contact, but not sure to what extent. I'll see if I can get some answers from his coach next time I talk to him.

Comment

He recently took an unofficial to KSU with Michael Dixon. Reid's profile is now up on Rivals and it lists schools of interest as Kansas State, Missouri and Oklahoma.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I would guess hes going to be a wildcat

Comment

Working...
                              X