'08 offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11
    i dont see Murry on Scout.com? Where can i find info on him?
    Stay up to date with all the Wichita State Shockers sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Any update on the list?

Comment

I forgot about this list. The information is now in the 2008 Recruiting Summary. However, I will try to remember to keep this list updated also for those that want a quick look at recruits we are actively offering.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I believe That you can add Brandon Davis 6'10 240 from Fork Union, VA to this list

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince
            I believe That you can add Brandon Davis 6'10 240 from Fork Union, VA to this list
            Did he verbal? 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We have 2. Obviously we will try to add a big guy. Sounds like we would still take Kyles, that's 4. Does any body think we would take 2 5's? Stutz and Davis BOTH?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                We have 2. Obviously we will try to add a big guy. Sounds like we would still take Kyles, that's 4. Does any body think we would take 2 5's? Stutz and Davis BOTH?
                My guess would be the first of the two to commit gets the scholly, the other one will end up elsewhere.

Comment

Especially if we land Kyles as well. I still can't imagine recruiting for 2 unopen spots this early in the game. If we get Kyles only one of the big guys gets a 'ship. Things could change in the spring but I don't think any of these guys really want to wait until then.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Things happen and many on here think that an extra schollie might open up. Who's to say that coach doesn't sign 2 bigs and then waits to see what's gonna happen. Someone always gets mad about Playing time and then wants out. Personalities can clash. So if HCGM can get 2 big men, he might. Especially if the are talks that EO won't be around the 4 years. It also sounds as if Davis can play the 4 as well, so there could be some possibilites in that area as well.

Comment

I think our current main targets are Stutz and Kyles and I believe we would take both if they would commit. I doubt if we would over-commit past that point in the Fall.

I think chances are we will not sign anybody else except one or both of those two in the Fall. Everybody else is probably a potential signing for the Spring. I could be wrong about Davis. Perhaps if we don't get Stutz we will bring him in for a visit and try to sign him this Fall. Just not enough info on him to know if we are sold on him.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Not to put a damper on things, but I could easily see WSU signing another 3 players in this class either early or late.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                          Not to put a damper on things, but I could easily see WSU signing another 3 players in this class either early or late.
                          We all know 1 is for sure. 2 is very probable. And I am with you on the 3 by the end of the late period. It just happens with new coaches coming into programs. Guys don't like it and they leave.

Comment

Suellentrop says............

Q: Coach Marshall and the Shox will have 3 scholarship players graduating in the spring of '08, leaving 3 available scholarships to give for next season. We already have verbals from 2. Don't you get the feeling that we will be signing more than just the 3? Certainly 4 and perhaps even 5?
                            j, kingman, ks 11/01/07

A: I think you are correct. As we saw over the summer, coaches never know what surprises the off-season might bring. They are smart to be prepared for roster changes, planned and unplanned.
                            Paul Suellentrop 11/01/07

Comment

IMO Hatch, Butler, and Durley are question marks for returning. All three were MT recruits that have not YET proven themselves. They may all be very good, and all is well, but there is a good chance that any or all of them may leave opening room for as many as four additional players. Its just too early to tell, but I would be suprised if we didn't sign 4 or 5.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Add Mekel to your list and that would be mine with Durley and Hatch at the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X