No announcement yet.

Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They actually put the "paper" on-line now.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Thanks Wu_Shizzle

Comment

Toure Murry headed to the MVC and my guess is WSU. He verballed today.

Comment

It's official, he is a SHOCKER!

Comment

Good news! Welcome to WSU Toure.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I always get jazzed when we "get" someone, especially another 3* kid.

Not exactly the signing I was expecting, but I would still put money on us signing 4 for 08.

Let's go get Cyphers and some more big fellas.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

What is the source for the announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                  What is the source for the announcement?
                  Scout: http://wichitastate.scout.com/a.z?s=...=1&nid=3276218
                  -John Wooden

Comment

:goshocks:

Comment

Combo guard. Probably means Mekel will be the PG for future years. Probably go for a PG for '09.

I think Cyphers will commit to WSU. After that, if there's a Nigerian available, I expect a Nigerian frontcourt player to complete the '08 recruiting class.

Next year looks like Hawkins, Hatch, Mekel, Cyphers and Murry in the backcourt. That leaves only Preadom as a backcourt player under 6'3".
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Does anybody have any stats on this kid, or can anyone comment on what kind of player he is?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                          Combo guard. Probably means Mekel will be the PG for future years. Probably go for a PG for '09.

I think Cyphers will commit to WSU. After that, if there's a Nigerian available, I expect a Nigerian frontcourt player to complete the '08 recruiting class.

Next year looks like Hawkins, Hatch, Mekel, Cyphers and Murry in the backcourt. That leaves only Preadom as a backcourt player under 6'3".
                          Iz love those big guards. Big tall and big physically. Big quick. Sorta like Jared Jack, my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                            Does anybody have any stats on this kid, or can anyone comment on what kind of player he is?
                            WuFan,
                            I officiated his AAU team this summer at a college/AAU shootout deal. However, I was unaware we were recruiting anyone on the team so I didn't pay attention to a player in particular. I do remember the whole team ran like a bunch of gazelles, but I could say that about a lot of teams. 8)
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I've been very busy the past day or so and have been wanting to write this for awhile. Just in case you are looking in Toure, congratulations on your decision to become a Shocker. There is no doubt in my mind that you will never regret your decision. You have chosen a college that not only has a great history but also a very bright basketball future, the best young coach in the business and one heck of a fan base. The Shocker community (which extends along ways) will always love you.

And another congratulations is in order Toure. This one is for coach Marshall and the staff deciding you were the one they really wanted. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what an honor that is. Our staff looked at so many players....well it was almost overwhelming to the Shocker recruiting addicts. I am certainly one of the addicts and I know you are not a second choice, but the first choice. Go ahead and feel proud Toure, you deserve too! And since the coaching staff is so high on you, I'm sure you will turn that pride into even harder work to make the Shockers successful in your four years at WSU.

Toure, I'm thrilled that you are a Shocker.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

It sounds as though this young man is a very versatile combo guard. If HCGM wanted him first, then so do I. We don't mess with Texas unless we have a very good reason. It has been a hot recruiting area for WSU and I am glad we are still going there to the well and it has not run dry. We should be licking our chops in excitement soon when more info becomes available on Toure. So far, I am very impressed with the recruiting results of our new Coaching Staff.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X