No announcement yet.

Evan Ravenel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Ravenel has completed three of his four visits and says he felt most comfortable at WSU. He has pledged to himself to take all of his planed visit and Virginia Tech on the 29th is the last one. Marquette and Boston College are asking him not to sign during the early period. However he seems pretty intent on sticking with his plans to carry out the four visits and then make a decision.
    In the fast lane

Comment

The Hokies just got a commitment today from 6-8, 240lb Victor Davila (4-star, 17th-ranked C, according to Scout).

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        The Hokies just got a commitment today from 6-8, 240lb Victor Davila (4-star, 17th-ranked C, according to Scout).
        There are obviously no guarantees, but our chances are looking good for getting Ravenel, which would be great, especially if it indicates anything about Marshall's ability to continue to recruit the South.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Ravenel would be another very good get for us. The news that Royal gave us makes me think we will be hard to beat.

We are all a little down about Cyphers. I know the staff wanted him, but they will get just as good of players as him. It would be nice to be able to obtain Wichita players when we want them, like KU gets high school recruits from their part of the State. But there are others in the future, like Flowers next year. The day will come when quality Wichita players are knocking down the door to play for Marshall and WSU.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Ravenel would be another very good get for us. The news that Royal gave us makes me think we will be hard to beat.

We are all a little down about Cyphers. I know the staff wanted him, but they will get just as good of players as him. It would be nice to be able to obtain Wichita players when we want them, like KU gets high school recruits from their part of the State. But there are others in the future, like Flowers next year. The day will come when quality Wichita players are knocking down to the door to play for Marshall and WSU.

The day will come when 4 and 5 star recruits knock down Coach's door too! :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
              The day will come when 4 and 5 star recruits knock down Coach's door too! :clap:
              I just hope he's still at WSU when that happens.

Comment

I love the fact that hes a big body

6'9 260 in the valley could cause ALOT of havoc

especially when you look at the depth we are going to have at the 5 with Orupke and Durley

And with the news posted above im a bit giddy.

Hopefully all pans out.

Didnt Doc mention something about a BIG recruit /hint hint hint

hahahah

Comment

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm thinking Evan has verballed.

My guess is that we'll get him after he visits Virginia Tech.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

sorry shizzle

Comment

Anyone notice he kind of has that 'Clemente' look in his eyes .... LOL

Comment

Here is a little snippet that people might find interesting from an article:

Ravenel's father and AAU coach, Eugene, said his son has a "long standing relationship" with Wichita's coaching staff. He said some of the coaches at Wichita recruited Evan when they coached at Winthrop.

Comment

I realize his high school bio has him at 6'8" and 260, but while looking at his and his teammates other physical attributes, I noticed he had only a 5.5 40, 22" vertical, and only benches 185. Not to stir the pot, but should this be of concern? Is his speed and vertical about right for his weight (he is a BIG young man). If he does come, KR can address the strength issue ..... I hope.

Comment

Kevin Durant was only benching about the same.

While im sure this kid isnt Kevin Durant well..........

as far as verticals I couldnt tell you exactly if thats great or not but at 6'9 ill take it for the inside presence. And the fact that it's higher than Paul Miller and Kyles combined. hahahah i keed i keed

Comment

ASM, what did I say about bumping this thread! J/K

I doubt strength will be an issue with Evan. He'll be a monster when he matures and grows into his 6'8-6'9 frame.

If you have a long wingspan, it takes a lot more effort to bench press. I'm sure he dominates most guys his age and his vertical and bench press numbers are not something that are critical in his success right now.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

His bench would be the only thing that I could see as a concern at the moment. You'd expect a kid of that size to bench more. But as was stated earlier, that would be fixed here.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X