Andrew Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Davis

A 6-8 C-PF from Garland Christian Academy, Dallas (TX). Ranked 31st in State by Texas Hoops. 21.9 ppg and 16.3 rpg as a junior. GPA is 3.8. Interest is being shown by Wichita State, SFA, West Point, American, Columbia, Florida Atantic, Furman, Centenary and Iowa State. AAU team for the rest of the summer will be Dallas Showtyme Elite.

In the fast lane

Texas Hoops Analysis: ANDREW is a versatile forward that can play either facing the basket or with his back to it. He is athletic, runs the floor well, is explosive around the basket and is able to finish above the rim. Hhe is a solid rebounder on both ends of the court, plays hard on defense against stronger opponents, works hard in the paint on offense, will step out and knock down the three point shot, has a nice turn around jumper, has good handles on the perimeter, is a good passer, has a nice long basketball body, but will still need to add strength.

Says medicine is a like major for him in college...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Texas Roundball ranks Davis #77.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Is that the same school that Carl Lemmons went to?

Comment

I think Lemons played at Garland, Texas High School

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
            I think Lemons played at Garland, Texas High School
            That's right. I saw Garland and didn't finish reading the rest of the extremely long name.

Comment

Looks like his five are Furman, Princeton, Air Force, Brown and West Point

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Looks like his five are Furman, Princeton, Air Force, Brown and West Point

http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=712518
                WOW! I'd assume by that list, this kid is selcting a school based on academics first. You have to have top notch grades to get into any of those programs.

Comment

Plus some pretty good recommendations from congressman for a couple of them.

Comment

From Rivals.com.

Andrew Davis has silently put together a solid senior year at Garland Christian. On Friday, the power forward contributed a career high 42 points and pulled down 21 rebounds in front of three college recruiters.

WSU is still recruiting him according to rivals.com

Army
                    Florida Atlantic
                    Furman
                    Stephen F. Austin
                    Wichita St.
                    Centenary
                    Columbia

Comment

More info on Davis from him:

The 2007-2008 Basketball Season.

This year has been one of the best years in Garland Christian Academy history. Our basketball team is 26-4 and second place in the district with a chance to be number one this Tuesday February the 5th. I have been playing very well throughout the year and at this point in the season I am averaging 23.4 pts/game 16.9 rbs/game and 2.5 assists/game. We have three district games left before we enter the playoffs and make our run for the school's second ever state title!

Comment

I'm a little concerned about the "Ryan Bradley factor" - big guy at small private school puts up big numbers.

Though I suspect with those rebound numbers he may be a better player.

He also sounds like a prime candidate for an academic scholarship.

Comment

I know nothing about this young man (well Almost nothing) but if he has offers from West Point, Princeton, Brown and The Air Force Academy I have but one thing to say to him.

Pick your favorite out of those 4 and take advantage of one of the best educations money can buy. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            I know nothing about this young man (well Almost nothing) but if he has offers from West Point, Princeton, Brown and The Air Force Academy I have but one thing to say to him.

Pick your favorite out of those 4 and take advantage of one of the best educations money can buy. Good Luck!
                            I'm with you there. Even if he could help us a bit, those four places will provide him with an education that I don't believe WSU can match. WSU is a great school, but those are academic institutions with a little bit of athletics on the side. If I were to have had the chance at any of those schools, I'd have gone in a heartbeat.

Comment

No offense guys, but Princeton, Brown, and the Air Force Academy are not on today's list. You might want to read my post before reacting to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X