Andrew Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfan
    No offense guys, but Princeton, Brown, and the Air Force Academy are not on today's list. You might want to read my post before reacting to it.
    I saw that, but if they were, like previously, it would be hard to pass up on them.

Comment

Remember too that Ivy league schools don't give out athletic scholarships (unless something has changed recently).
      Livin the dream

Comment

They still don't. Basically the student athlete gets a foot in the door with admissions which they might not have had absent of athletic ability.

Comment

I am somewhat always skeptical of recruits coming from a religious based school because:

1) Copetition level they played against, which could result in padded stats for the recruit.
          2) Those recruits don't seem to 'measure up' for D-1 level ball as often.

How he might do on an AAU team would have more impact for me.

Comment

Many religious based schools play in your typical HS leagues. Didn't Kyle Wilson come from one? Zach Green did and I think he had the game to be a contributor had it not been for knee injuries.

I know there are many others that maybe didn't attend WSU but are successful. Just remember the Kapaun and BC play in big leagues against better competition. Not all religious based schools are like Sunrise.

Arbry Butler got all his hype from AAU. I still think he could be a decent player but that doesn't always tell either. Not that there isn't any validity to what your saying.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I am somewhat always skeptical of recruits coming from a religious based school because:

1) Copetition level they played against, which could result in padded stats for the recruit.

I don't agree at all. For instance, every year, you can find a few D1 athletes that graduate from Rockhurst in KC.

Comment

In case anyone is interested here are the Garland Christian Academy Athletics Page and the TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) 4A District 2 MaxPreps Page
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Jamar Howard played at Bishop Miege and John Cooper played at Rockhurst High School as well. I believe those two played out pretty well for the Shox.

Comment

According to the Rivals article Air Force is still very much involved. They, along with North Texas and UE were there for his 42 point outburst. Army is still in as well and seems to be one of the leaders. He's not in a hurry to commit and is willing to wait it out. And he doesn't mind going to a program where he has to compete for time and may not play much early. He's also considering JUCO and Prep School if need be.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He scored 41 points in his team's last win 52-42 over Waco Vanguard yesterday.

Individual Scoring
                      GAC: Andrew Davis 41, Nathaniel Trotter 6, Matt Allbritton 5.
                      WVCP: Downs 11, Wayman 10, Farely 7, Storaska 4, Clark 3, Bailey 3, Joels 2, Deaver 2.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9

I don't agree at all. For instance, every year, you can find a few D1 athletes that graduate from Rockhurst in KC.
                        Evidently, you did not read all the way to the end when I said 'as often', meaning the normal players from those schools aren't D-1 level players, not that there aren't some that do.

Comment

Was supposed to visit UE this weekend but is taking the SAT.

No mention of us and looks like he'll play in the Kingwood to see if he can generate more interest.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Andrew has his own website, and it is very interesting:

I am changing my mind about him after reading through his website with stats, etc.

Comment

Does this kid really have a 32" verticle? That's not too bad for a post
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I wonder how current his site is. It looks like May of last year is the most recent date referenced.

So if those are his junior stats, they are all the more impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X