Anybody want a 7-0 transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want a 7-0 transfer?

Stay up to date with all the Colorado Buffaloes sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Re: Anybody want a 7-0 transfer?

Originally posted by Wuzee
    http://colorado.scout.com/2/748373.html
    I think we can make some room for him. If Orupke doesnt make it over, this guy would be the guy I want coming in at this point in the signing period.
    ________
    NO2 VAPORIZER REVIEWS
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Who here has seen him play?

I scanned over the boxscores and came to the following conclusions (and since he was a Fr. off the bench, may not be worth much).

Turnover and foul-prone, compared to minutes played.
      Not a good shooter and takes too many 3's.
      Can rebound and block a few shots.

Now, can someone provide some much more valuable eyewitness testimony?

Comment

Patterson has been in contact with several schools about the possibility of transferring, his father said. Included on that list are Wichita State, Missouri State, Central Arkansas, North Texas, UT-Arlington and Northern Illinois.
        The way that's phrased, it makes you wonder if those schools have any mutual interest in him, or if those are just the places he's called to see if they'd want him.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

After perusing a few CU message boards, a walk-on was getting time ahead of him later in the year.

I suppose if the staff cuts bait with Orukpe, Patterson could fit the bill and may realize some of his potential with a transfer year.

Nevertheless, I'm a bit wary of a 7-footer who can't get decent minutes ahead of a walk-on at Colorado and apart from us and a transitioning MSU, has only "low-majors" on his target list.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
            Patterson has been in contact with several schools about the possibility of transferring, his father said. Included on that list are Wichita State, Missouri State, Central Arkansas, North Texas, UT-Arlington and Northern Illinois.
            The way that's phrased, it makes you wonder if those schools have any mutual interest in him, or if those are just the places he's called to see if they'd want him.
            Greg Swaim's site says we offered him a scholly last year. Don't know which regime, though.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Patterson

A search revealed a few posts from September 2006 saying that Patterson had committed to Colorado. If it's the same Patterson, the timing would indicate that he was a Turgeon recruit, and given the success MT and staff had with big men (Paul Miller and who else?), I'm not sure that's a very strong endorsement.

He sounds more like a project-type player, although if Marshall were to take him, I'd trust the coach to know what he was doing.

Comment

Re: Patterson

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                A search revealed a few posts from September 2006 saying that Patterson had committed to Colorado. If it's the same Patterson, the timing would indicate that he was a Turgeon recruit, and given the success MT and staff had with big men (Paul Miller and who else?), I'm not sure that's a very strong endorsement.

He sounds more like a project-type player, although if Marshall were to take him, I'd trust the coach to know what he was doing.
                Paul Miller was a baseball recruit.

Comment

He had offers from Wichita State, Navy, Coalgate, Lehigh and Wofford.
                  He heard from Big 12 schools Oklahoma and Texas Tech.
                  He averaged 18 ppg, 13 rpg, and 6 bpg as a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    http://www.enidnews.com/sportslocal/local_story_267020100.html/resources_printstory

"Patterson’s first goal is to stay healthy this season. He broke both of his wrists and fractured his elbow last year after getting a late start because of an investigation over his residency."

What the heck?
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I know he was one that we definitely had interest in and were hoping we'd land. Figured he signed with Colorado just because of the conference and it doesn't surprise that he was disappointed. If coach wanted to take a chance on him I'd be okay with that. However, I'd rather take my chances and wait on Ehimen.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                        Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        http://www.enidnews.com/sportslocal/local_story_267020100.html/resources_printstory

"Patterson’s first goal is to stay healthy this season. He broke both of his wrists and fractured his elbow last year after getting a late start because of an investigation over his residency."

What the heck?
                        At least he didn't sneeze and blow out his back like Sammy Sosa

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          I know he was one that we definitely had interest in and were hoping we'd land. Figured he signed with Colorado just because of the conference and it doesn't surprise that he was disappointed. If coach wanted to take a chance on him I'd be okay with that. However, I'd rather take my chances and wait on Ehimen.
                          Triple Towers!

:good:

Forevershockerfan would be in 'seventh' heaven. :D
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Triple Towers!

:good:

Forevershockerfan would be in 'seventh' heaven. :D
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I remember something about this guy when he was in HS. Ringwood, OK is 25 - 30 miles West of Enid. It's amazing Ringwood has a HS. The big school classification in OK is 6A. Ringwood was B when Patterson got his stats.

Ryan Bradley had better HS stats against better competition.

I'll take a pass on this guy. Not worth losing a scholarship for a year.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X