Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Anyone have an idea as to his chances of making it to Hutch?
    I would say pretty good, considering they're the No. 5 team in the nation.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Btw— JE finished with 10 pts and 7 boards (5 offensive). They had him officially with 1 block, which is a complete travesty, as he very clearly had 3 in the first half alone. The game will likely be posted at the link below in a few days.

TVCC has one more game in the regular season before heading to the regional tournament in Jacksonville. They open play at 1 pm on Thursday, March 8 as the No. 1 seed.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
        Btw— JE finished with 10 pts and 7 boards (5 offensive). They had him officially with 1 block, which is a complete travesty, as he very clearly had 3 in the first half alone. The game will likely be posted at the link below in a few days.

TVCC has one more game in the regular season before heading to the regional tournament in Jacksonville. They open play at 1 pm on Thursday, March 8 as the No. 1 seed.

What is your opinion of what we can expect of him next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

What is your opinion of what we can expect of him next season?
          One of the heads of the monster. Maybe 15-18 minutes?

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

One of the heads of the monster. Maybe 15-18 minutes?
            IMO more likely <10 minutes per game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

There will be 3 heads of this monster imo. All three will earn more than 10 minutes with one probably earning around 20 minutes. I have a feeling that avoiding fouling and showing good defense will not be a strength.

Comment

What is your opinion based on?

Comment

• Someone has to play > 12 mpg. Midtgaard, Echenique, Udeze, and Chandler. My guess is Chandler is the odd man out, but he could earn his minutes at PF where McDuffie and Brown will be his only competition and both are also capable of playing the three.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What is your opinion based on?
                    The Great Dane has the advantage of learning the system this past season and competing against SM and RN on a daily basis. Chandler, Udeze and JE are all new to Marshall and the Shockers; plus JE has the least experience playing basketball. Consequently, I think AM will play 15 - 20 minutes per game; leaving 20 - 25 minutes per game to be shared by the other three (maybe four if BB continues to develop).

I also am biased in favor of AM; given his size, work ethic and attitude, I think he has an opportunity to become the best center HC3G has had on his rosters since assuming leadership of the Shockers.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe one should ask HCGM if he thinks a player that could end his career with 1,200 points, 550 rebounds, 150 blocks 2nd/3rd all-time, and .549 FG% 4th all time for the Shocks "is not a player of consequence".
                      Last edited by ShockTalk; March 3, 2018, 04:56 PM.

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No ****. Any discussion of the best 20-25 players in the history of the entire program must include Shaq Morris.

• Shocker1976
                      Shocker1976 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WuDrWu another hyperbolic post from you regards recent Shocker players - ranking SM among the top 20-25 Shockers of all time. Just at the five position consider these previous Shockers; Gene Wiley, Nate Bowman, Terry Benton, Robert Elmore and Ozell Jones.

• I don’t think next year is the year for Asbjorn to shine. I also doubt he will get anywhere near 20 minutes. I’m still high on him in spite of the above.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I don’t think next year is the year for Asbjorn to shine. I also doubt he will get anywhere near 20 minutes. I’m still high on him in spite of the above.
                      What do you mean by "shine"? Do you think the Shockers will have a better Center than AM at the beginning of next season?

Comment

The Great Dane has the advantage of learning the system this past season and competing against SM and RN on a daily basis. Chandler, Udeze and JE are all new to Marshall and the Shockers; plus JE has the least experience playing basketball. Consequently, I think AM will play 15 - 20 minutes per game; leaving 20 - 25 minutes per game to be shared by the other three (maybe four if BB continues to develop).
                        I guess I went blank. Who is BB again?

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                          ShockdaWorld commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m assuming Brett Barney.

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah credibility goes out the window when you start discussing rotation and BB. No offense to Brett, he's been a valuable member of the team and will continue to be as long as he wants, but short of unforeseen player unavailability, or banishment to a league 10 slots below the Valley, Mr. Barney is not going to see minutes when it counts. Period.

• Shocker1976
                          Shocker1976 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Every minute BB plays is a minute not available to JE to be on the floor. No one posted that BB would be the starting center or play meaningful minutes at crunch times.

What do you mean by "shine"? Do you think the Shockers will have a better Center than AM at the beginning of next season?
                        I mean that I don’t believe he will be so good that he will play 15-20 mpg. I’m thinking none of the 5s play > 15 mpg.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Off topic from Echenique, but I just can't let this go...

I think you're way off base, 1976, in saying that Shaq isn't a player of consequence in Shocker annals. You can certainly argue that it took him too long to get there, and that's a fair criticism -- but he is definitely a guy worthy of mention in Shocker history. I guess it's a question of what "of consequence" means, but a year of all-conference play in the best conference the Shocks have played in since the old Valley started deteriorating qualifies in my book.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                            ShockingButTrue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It sure does. He's leading the league in blocked shots.

On top of that, of late, his maneuvering down low on the block for rebounds exceeds mere anticipation, possibly into the realm of extra-sensory.

• Shaq will probably be first team all AAC, I’d call that a player of consequence

Comment

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agreed. IF we can win tomorrow, he should probably win the league PoY.

• ShockdaWorld
                            ShockdaWorld commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good call.
                        Working...
                        X