Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes — but if you sort by position, Jaime is the only juco center rated. Soooooo....
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Still, #3 overall.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Pretty good especially since he doesn’t start for Trinity
        Wuzee above reported that Jamie did start. I don’t follow Jamie E. Closely but are you sure he never starts? Maybe he starts sometimes. Obviously, TVJC has more than one talented Centers and they play them both. That may make his stat numbers that are decent even more impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

i only see 5 players listed, Jaime is #3 on that list

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Wuzee above reported that Jamie did start. I don’t follow Jamie E. Closely but are you sure he never starts? Maybe he starts sometimes. Obviously, TVJC has more than one talented Centers and they play them both. That may make his stat numbers that are decent even more impressive.
            I can't say NEVER, but I've looked at two or three on the previous page of this thread, including the latest one.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

I can't say NEVER, but I've looked at two or three on the previous page of this thread, including the latest one.
              Fair enough. Again, I don't follow closely but on that line, Jamie E. had a better box score stat line than the starter. The minutes aren't shown and that would be interesting. Maybe Jamie is the better player but Robinson is from the states and his former coach has a close relationship with the TVCC coach. Who knows.

Comment

• shocks02
                shocks02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jaime*

• 10 pts, 7 boards and 2 blocked shots off the bench in a win over Bossier Parish CC. Jaime has 2 or more blocked shots in 7 of his last 8 games.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• 16 pts. 12 reb and 5 blocked shots in a 79-70 win over Navarro to clinch the league title.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                  forevershockerfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great see see such positive news as 3G is establishing a very new inside presence next Season. I'm guessing JE and the big U will be in the rotation of moving parts which comes in handy in the Marshall Plan.

• NM (combining posts below)
                Last edited by Wuzee; February 28, 2018, 08:51 PM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• NM
                  Last edited by Wuzee; February 28, 2018, 08:51 PM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• NM
                    Last edited by Wuzee; February 28, 2018, 08:50 PM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• NM
                      Last edited by Wuzee; February 28, 2018, 08:50 PM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• JE playing live on the web at TVCC.edu. 1st half. Just entered the game.

Jaime’s going to get a lot of time tonight, as the starter, Idehen, has two fouls early. TVCC has gone zone to protect their front court. JE’s in the books with a huge block to foil a fast break.

JE with 4 pts and 4 boards and a block so far. Had a great sequence with a stick back, a defensive board, then a sweet spin move in the post for a 10-foot jumper, then an offensive rebound.

Announcers giving him love after another offensive board and short jumper. “You can see why Wichita State snapped him up early this year.” 6pts 6 reb with 3 blocks.

JE jusr got his third foul. He tries to get everything and thus seems to be foul prone. Just one game though.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          JE playing live on the web at TVCC.edu. 1st half. Just entered the game.

Jaime’s going to get a lot of time tonight, as the starter, Idehen, has two fouls early. TVCC has gone zone to protect their front court. JE’s in the books with a huge block to foil a fast break.

JE with 4 pts and 4 boards and a block so far. Had a great sequence with a stick back, a defensive board, then a sweet spin move in the post for a 10-foot jumper, then an offensive rebound.

Announcers giving him love after another offensive board and short jumper. “You can see why Wichita State snapped him up early this year.” 6pts 6 reb with 3 blocks.

JE jusr got his third foul. He tries to get everything and thus seems to be foul prone. Just one game though.
                          Somehow I don't think Marshall will mind that attitude.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Anyone have an idea as to his chances of making it to Hutch?

Comment

Working...
                            X