Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 pts 6 rebounds and 1 block in a 92-76 road win over Blinn last night
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I thought this thread was about JE, not Samajae.
      Fairly relevant as this guy has blocked 13 shots in a game and SHJ has played at a pace to have his shot blocked 13 times in a game.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe having Echenique and Haynes-Jones practice against each other will help Samajae improve his technique and selectivity on drives into the trees.

7 points (2-2 FG, 3-4 FT), 5 rebounds and 4 blocks in a 89-81 win over Bossier-Parish last night.

Comment

11 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in a 82-96 loss to Paris College on Saturday. Trinity Valley sits at 17-3 on the season. http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18...?view=boxscore

Comment

After watching one of his games very Meh on Echenique, The Good: very long arms He has very good timing on blocking shots, average touch around the basket, good hands The Bad: weak weak weak needs to add strength. Just an average athlete maybe below average, not a great motor, gets blocked out very easily and does not rebound out of his area. Turns the ball over a lot .

His team played zone and he rarely left the paint which I think inflates his block totals some. He block shots using great timing and not overwhelming athleticism. Hard to evaluate his ball screen defence. It is important not to base an evaluation on any one game good or bad but I think he projects as a project and as a juco i don't know if there will be time to develop him. Reminds me of Bush Whamakoda and think that is the role he would play over two years.

Comment

I think they liked him for his length and potential as a shot blocker. It seems like he had a 7'5" wingspan. AM doesn't have his length and our other Center candidates are 6'8 or 6'9. Udeze at 6'8" has a 7'1" wingspan. Echinique has height and length.

Comment

Started last night and logged 14 pts / 7 boards in a bounce-back win over Panola.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

11 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in a 71-44 win over Paris JC on Saturday. Trinity Valley is now 22-3 on the season.

Comment

247Sports rates Jamie as the #1 Juco Center in the nation and #3 best player overall. Am I reading that right???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    247Sports rates Jamie as the #1 Juco Center in the nation and #3 best player overall. Am I reading that right???
                    Pretty good especially since he doesn’t start for Trinity
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• There’s some scouting for you!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• 247Sports rates Morris Udeze as the #9 center and 152 overall for comparison.

He's up there:
                        The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

Comment

• Not a lot of centers available this year...but Udeze is one of the best.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I have a feeling we won’t be complaining about Udeze hanging out at the 3 point line

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                              X