Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique 6'11 C 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Gene Wiley kind of numbers.

Comment

I expect Jamie will be a big part of our new 3 headed monster next year.

Midtgaard will be the huge space eater, Jamie will be the long and lean shot blocker, and Udeze will be the athletic enforcer.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t forget Poor Bear

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, don't think a four headed monster is going to work.

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
      That’s an insane stat line. 13 blocks!
      Was he playing against SHJ? jk, I lovre SHJ, just not all of his decisions, yet.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Was he playing against SHJ? jk, I lovre SHJ, just not all of his decisions, yet.
        SHJ needs to shoot more from the 3. He is more efficient at it. LS can also drive to the hole (more efficiently than SHJ I believe), but he shoots a higher % of his shots from the 3 than SHJ.
        Last edited by ShockTalk; January 6, 2018, 01:28 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

I have a feeling that SHJ has been given direction by the coaching staff to use his extreme quickness to penetrate amap because it is such a valuable strength when the opponent presses him . He just hasn't found the sixth sense as to when and how to use it with the most efficacy. Fred used it to score points, draw fouls, and sometimes when it wasn't there, he just dribbled back out. He was very efficient with his drives. SHJ is still learning how it works at the highest level of Div. 1 basketball.

I agree that he has a nice outside shot too that he needs to use.

Comment

I’d like to see him drive and dish. You can tell he has already made the decision to shoot when he gets going.

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
              I’d like to see him drive and dish. You can tell he has already made the decision to shoot when he gets going.
              That’s definitely a part of figuring it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              I have a feeling that SHJ has been given direction by the coaching staff to use his extreme quickness to penetrate amap because it is such a valuable strength when the opponent presses him . He just hasn't found the sixth sense as to when and how to use it with the most efficacy. Fred used it to score points, draw fouls, and sometimes when it wasn't there, he just dribbled back out. He was very efficient with his drives. SHJ is still learning how it works at the highest level of Div. 1 basketball.

I agree that he has a nice outside shot too that he needs to use.
              Not only does he need to be able to dribble out, he needs to see passing options. Once he can get out of trouble or set teammates up by passing out, his drives will be much more effective. Getting routinely stuffed isn't a good option.

Comment

I agree that he needs to figure out all of the possible options/decisions instinctively but what a weapon he may become if he does get it figured out.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Clearly he has the skill: Speed & handles. Decent shooter & passer.

Forcing everything right now.

SHJ just doesn’t know how to finish at the rim. Fred was so good at using his body to block off potential shot blockers, while SHJ just floats in with the finger roll, which doesn’t work at this level.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He needs to quit forcing... anything!

Pass the ball and let the game come to you, young man. It feels better to give!

You can watch Lee College (7-8) at Trinity Valley (13-2) live tonight at 6:30 CST: https://livestream.com/coopersports1/events/8006368

Comment

I just saw this...did anybody watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    SHJ just doesn’t know how to finish at the rim. Fred was so good at using his body to block off potential shot blockers, while SHJ just floats in with the finger roll, which doesn’t work at this level.
                    I thought this thread was about JE, not Samajae.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I thought this thread was about JE, not Samajae.
                      somehow it got derailed and I participated in said derailment. Please forgive me.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I just saw this...did anybody watch?
                        Watched the first half. Jaime basically splits time with 6'10 Robinson Idehen who was at Western Kentucky. Jaime looks fairly agile and has good lateral movement for 6'11. I believe Gregg might have said at some point that Jaime could play the "4" position potentially as well. I could see that. On one play he caught the ball at the 3-point line and took two quick dribbles and then got fouled and the sequence didn't look overly clumsy. That being said, his team plays garbage JuCo ball and most of their offense is either on the fast break or jacking-up faders. Jaime will be a good player in our system and appears to be a GREAT teammate.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think any kid capable of 13 blocks in a JUCO game is capable of fitting right into our system.
                      Working...
                      X