No announcement yet.

Landers Nolley 6'6 SG/SF to Virginia Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand this denigrating a recruit. Coaches want him, offered him. Things can be perceived wrong, or come across the wrong way in a "spur of the moment" interview.

It's not a character piece, where the interviewer does everything they can to bring out the best in the recruit. It's a quick info grab where these kids are put on the spot, and not all of them are as comfortable or as good as, for example, a FVV at interviews.

Comment

I'm not denigrating by pointing out that he is very positive about putting up a lot of offensive numbers. In the right situation, that's an outstanding trait.

I think Marshall is up front with recruits and doesn't hide the fact that he coaches a style where offensive production is spread out. I think it's a credit to the program and to Marshall that a player who likes an uptempo game (which WSU has) and likes to put up big offensive numbers (which players at WSU don't tend to do) has WSU in their final 5 schools.

The style of play at a school and the style of play preferred by a recruit don't always match. Pointing out that possibility isn't a knock on the player or the coach.

There is a difference between a "we didn't really want him any way" post, and a "player prefers a different game style" post.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Find me a good player that doesn't want shots..... you guys crack me up.

The interviewer makes $ by getting Ohio State fans excited. He is going to ask leading questions that lead to hopeful statements about Ohio State signing him.

Every single recruit would have made a similar statement in response to a question about a fast paced offense. All this kid did was regurgitate the pitch Underwood made him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I'm not denigrating by pointing out that he is very positive about putting up a lot of offensive numbers. In the right situation, that's an outstanding trait.

I think Marshall is up front with recruits and doesn't hide the fact that he coaches a style where offensive production is spread out. I think it's a credit to the program and to Marshall that a player who likes an uptempo game (which WSU has) and likes to put up big offensive numbers (which players at WSU don't tend to do) has WSU in their final 5 schools.

The style of play at a school and the style of play preferred by a recruit don't always match. Pointing out that possibility isn't a knock on the player or the coach.

There is a difference between a "we didn't really want him any way" post, and a "player prefers a different game style" post.
          Yes, and I was not referring to your post, but the ones like you mentioned "we don't want him anyway" "he's flaky" etc.

And I don't mean to call anybody out, and apologize if I seems like it. But ultimately these are kids trying to do the best they can with whatever situation they're in, with the knowledge they have at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Find me a good player that doesn't want shots..... you guys crack me up.

The interviewer makes $ by getting Ohio State fans excited. He is going to ask leading questions that lead to hopeful statements about Ohio State signing him.

Every single recruit would have made a similar statement in response to a question about a fast paced offense. All this kid did was regurgitate the pitch Underwood made him.
            Yes true, and touches on a point I made, that the interviewer has a lot to do with what comes out of the recruits.

Comment

Is Wichita considered as south???

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Yes, we're south of I-70.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shox not in his final 4.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    One of these is not like the others.

Comment

Things that make you say hmmmm...

Sometimes, things work out for the best.

“I’m not worried.”
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

While I wish hime well in his career (barring a Shocker matchup, of course), I just don't see how WSU doesn't trump all of these schools combined.

4-5 years ago, I could understand. These kids have to recognize the brand and the sustained success by now.

It's weird some of this young men seem to think "Well, like, I guess it's cool that Witchita is interested in me, so maybe, I might check them out, but I'm really liking [insert middling "power conference" school here] at the moment."

Oh well. On to the next one.

The Assman

Comment

Commits to Georgia. A lot of people didn't see that one coming. Illinois and Virginia Tech were thought to be the favorites.

Comment

Georgia? Seems like an odd choice for his (scouted) talent level.

I know he’s from the state, but at least consider GT instead..
                            The Assman

Comment

Kid must prefer watching college football over playing in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Comment

He has already de-committed from Georgia (in about 18 hours). This kid is D-R-A-M-A.

Comment

Working...
                                X