Serrel Smith 6'4 G 2018 to Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    As Mr. Smith goes to Wichita it is time to bump him up to his rightful place at the top of the thread as he and Alex Lomax will both be here on official visits this weekend.

I don't know if it is an accident that these two young men are visiting at the same time (thinking it might not be) but it sure can't hurt selling these two on the prospect of being the Shockers next great pair of guards with Alex at the 1 and Serrel at the 2. 3G certainly can show them that he knows how to ride a pair of outstanding guards to great success.

Hope that Serrel and Alex really hit it off well.

This would be huge if we could entice both of these young men to become Shockers.
    At 6'5" Smith could probably play the Wing Forward too or we could go with 3 guards.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      At 6'5" Smith could probably play the Wing Forward too or we could go with 3 guards.
      Is he 6-5? 247Sports, ESPN, Verbal Commits, Scout, MaxPreps and Prep Hoops all list him at 6-3. Rivals list him at 6-2. Not sure how accurate any of these are.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

This kid's 6-3 just like D. Fox is 6-3. Sure. Must be the 'fro.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          This kid's 6-3 just like D. Fox is 6-3. Sure. Must be the 'fro.
          Here is the St. Petersburg High School Facebook page. Serrel is #10, A scouting report on Serrel posted yesterday say he is 6-2, 170. Whether that is accurate or not I couldn't say.

Here is another very recent report from the USF Elite Camp that lists him at 6-2, 170.

Comment

I don't know. I saw a site that listed him at 6'1 as a Freshman, another that listed him at 6'2 as a Sophomore, a few that listed him at 6'3 this past year, and another that listed him at 6'6". Then the site below (this year) lists him at 6'7". We discussed this before but I felt that 6'5" was probably safe. Even 6'3 or 6'4 guards have played small forward for the Shockers and he is such a great scorer, we need to find a position for him to get on the court.

Comment

Here is a photo of Serrel next to his AAU teammate Keyshawn Bryant, who also has an offer from the Shocks. Keyshawn is usually listed at 6-6 or 6-7.

If these reported heights for Keyshawn are about right then 6-3, maybe 6-4, seems about right for Serrel. He clearly is not 6-7 unles Keyshawn is 6-10 or so. Hopefully, we will get a chance to see his name on a Shocker roster and then we will know for sure. Who knows maybe by the time he shows up as a Shocker he will be 6-5.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I don't know. I saw a site that listed him at 6'1 as a Freshman, another that listed him at 6'2 as a Sophomore, a few that listed him at 6'3 this past year, and another that listed him at 6'6". Then the site below (this year) lists him at 6'7". We discussed this before but I felt that 6'5" was probably safe. Even 6'3 or 6'4 guards have played small forward for the Shockers and he is such a great scorer, we need to find a position for him to get on the court.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Smith-110946/
                I repeat that as good of a scorer that Serrell is, we need to get him minutes on the court. We've had 6'3" wing guards and wing forwards before and we need players who can score too.

Comment

He appears to be the combo guard that 3G seems quite fond of. I don't think we will have any trouble finding him playing time at the 1 and/or 2.

The report from the USF Elite camp sounded like a point guard. Most of his highlights focus on his scoring and shooting which look pretty damn good as well.

Would he be able to play at the 3 if needed. Seems likely he could.

Comment

3G loves playing 2 point guards. Lomax/Smith could be the next Vanvleet/Baker

Comment

Comment

Smith (6-foot-3, 170 pounds) visited Wichita State last weekend. The trip made a positive impression, especially his visit to the Doo Dah Diner.
                        “We went out to eat and, everywhere, people are big fans of the Shockers,” he said. “Very friendly.”

Ahh, the Doo Dah Diner. So that's how 3G is getting it done.

Comment

He takes recruits to the Cajun shak

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                            He takes recruits to the Cajun shak
                            Da Cajun Shak?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Da Cajun Shak FTW
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post