No announcement yet.

Morris Udeze 6'8 PF/C 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doubt that Udeze is one of four seniors we are targeting that could be a major impact In the post.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Andrew Slater of 247 with the WSU Crystal Ball this morning. http://247sports.com/Player/Morris-Udeze-46042536
      Another Crystal Ball in for WSU from an Ohio State guy who puts in a lot of guesses for kids from Montverde academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Udeze can be a very good 4 man and backup center for us. He’s like a big athletic Carl Hall, which I would take ina heartbeat.
        An athletic Carl Hall. Think how good we could have been if Carl had been athletic:)

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          An athletic Carl Hall. Think how good we could have been if Carl had been athletic:)
          Hall was not a run and jump athlete, whereas Udeze is.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Hall was not a run and jump athlete, whereas Udeze is.
            Carl also could not shoot outside of 10' but he was one of the best we've had inside of 5'.

Comment

• Jerry Maier switched his crystal ball from Butler to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Jerry Maier switched his crystal ball from Butler to WSU.
                I knew he read ShockerNet :)

Comment

• Scanned this thread, didn't see a "star ranking". Is this young man regarded as a four star? I did see one reference to M Udeze being the number one center out of Texas.

Comment

• Now 57% on crystal ball on 247!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                      Scanned this thread, didn't see a "star ranking". Is this young man regarded as a four star? I did see one reference to M Udeze being the number one center out of Texas.
                      He's not a top 100 or four star, but he has been offered by some legit programs. He's a bit of a quandary in that regard. Maybe a lesson to trust coaches over recruiting experts, or at the very least look who is recruiting a kid over recruiting rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Sorry. Fat finger syndrome. I did mean bigs.
                        I suffer from the same condition. However, I kind of like the Big Ol' Guys acronym. May have to use that myself. More BOG's please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                          Scanned this thread, didn't see a "star ranking". Is this young man regarded as a four star? I did see one reference to M Udeze being the number one center out of Texas.
                          He is 3-star on every site and #204 in his class on 247 (if you consider that a ranking).

Back in August, Rivals talked about him potentially breaking into their Top 150. He ended up never cracking their rankings for one reason or another, but their description of Morris' game sheds light on why he isn't highly ranked. He's not a supreme athlete and he's not the stretch-four that shoots 40% from three. Those are the types of power forwards that end up ranked in the Top 100 these days. However, I think you will find that this kid's game fits our program perfectly. Top 100/150 ranking or not.

Based off of the merit of strong July performances, there's a group of rising seniors pushing for the 2018 Rivals150.
                          Last edited by shocks02; September 25, 2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            Huh?

From the guy who usually wants to sign everybody under the sun, now you want only one of two guys when there's room for both? What's up with that?
                            @mumdaddy316: often lacks nuance in his posts and you often have to read between or around the lines.

My intepretation of his post was that if he knew for a fact that we were going to get Bryan Penn-Johnson and he was forced to pick between BPJ and Big Mo he would prefer BPJ. However, he doesn't know for a fact that we will get BPJ and we don't have to choose one or the other so, as a matter or practicality, he would be very happy if we get either one and ecstatic if we get them both. Yeah, I'm sure that's what he meant to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                              Now 57% on crystal ball on 247!!!
                              Up to 62%. I think another analyst added a prediction who hadn't before.

Comment

• So where does one get crystal balls

Comment

Working...
                                X