X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble and hungry.

Good combo.

Comment

• We need to get RB his own key to the gym because he reminds me of a player that will utilize it to the max. RB will find other such dedicated Shocks to join him. It's what the Shocks do. We may need to make sure CJ and Austin do not play one on one until the Doc clears Austin.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        I hope he plays. He wouldn't be the first 4* star player that played insignificant minutes. It's always wise to take into account the overhead (injuries happen). I'll be elated if he's a starter for the next 3 years.
        He can redshirt initially. And remove the tag if needed. Injury or otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Sully reports on Rod heading to Doo-Dah.

Leaving at 4:00 am tomorrow morning.

Still talking about the possibility of redshirting.

Safe travels and welcome to your new home Rod. Very much looking forward to seeing you in the Black and Yellow.
          "Time management." This kid has a vision.

Comment

• I already love this kid.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I see 3G arranged for a Marshall-esque greeting to Wichita for Rod this afternoon. Sideways rain and a little light hail for just a little bit. Sort of like the greeting given to 3G except IIRC correctly his was sideways snow.

I you were south of Kellogg you may have missed out on the celebrtion or Rod's arrival.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 16, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I see 3G arranged for a Marshall-esque greeting to Wichita for Rod this afternoon. Sideways rain and a little light hail for just a little bit. Sort of like the greeting given to 3G except IIRC correctly his was sideways snow.
                I think I remember a story where Gabe Blair came on his recruiting trip during a thunderstorm. The weather really does like to suck when we are trying to welcome people to Shocker Nation, huh?
                78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I think I remember a story where Gabe Blair came on his recruiting trip during a thunderstorm. The weather really does like to suck when we are trying to welcome people to Shocker Nation, huh?
                  OTOH how many 75 degree afternoons do we get in mid-August.

Comment

• Didn't Cleanthony (or somebody) have to spend an extra day because of weather?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Didn't Cleanthony (or somebody) have to spend an extra day because of weather?
                      Yep! It was Cle.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        We need to get RB his own key to the gym because he reminds me of a player that will utilize it to the max. RB will find other such dedicated Shocks to join him. It's what the Shocks do. We may need to make sure CJ and Austin do not play one on one until the Doc clears Austin.
                        I'd wager he already has a key to the gym by now and it's 8:31 PM the day he hit town.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Didn't Cleanthony (or somebody) have to spend an extra day because of weather?
                          Yes, but the bad weather wasn't here. It was due to Hurricane Irene (?) on the East Coast that kept him from returning home.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Yes, but the bad weather wasn't here. It was due to Hurricane Irene (?) on the East Coast that kept him from returning home.
                            Yep, one of my favorite recruiting stories: an act of God helped seal the deal with Cle.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Don't think this has been discussed before here, but Rodgerick stated that he's only been playing basketball for 4.5 to 5 years. Pretty impressive. Look forward to seeing what he can do tonight against the veterans.

Comment

• any word on Brown and how he is progressing during his RS season?

Comment

• Pigman
                                  Pigman commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Isaac Brown had him in the practice gym before the USF game Sunday. He had him working on some moved and shooting threes. worked up a good sweat and was drilling almost every shot he put up.
                              Working...
                              X