Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    Good observations; IMO both Brown and Midtgaard are going to prove themselves capable of capturing 10 mpg this season.
    You think they're going to take minutes away from a Sr? Comparing to Cotton or Reaves doesn't work when last year's 10-deep roster all return. that hasn't happened before.

Midtgaard might get some nopup minutes to better prepare him for next year, but Brown would have to take minutes away from either Zach Brown or McDuffie. If you think he can do that, then I would like some of whatever drug it is you're doing.

I think R Brown will be too valuable a player to waste a year of eligibility on mopup minutes.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      You think they're going to take minutes away from a Sr? Comparing to Cotton or Reaves doesn't work when last year's 10-deep roster all return. that hasn't happened before.

Midtgaard might get some nopup minutes to better prepare him for next year, but Brown would have to take minutes away from either Zach Brown or McDuffie. If you think he can do that, then I would like some of whatever drug it is you're doing.

I think R Brown will be too valuable a player to waste a year of eligibility on mopup minutes.
      I agree

Comment

• Loved the interview where the coach says "Let's have a moment of silence for the offer Memphis gave Rod."

then says "There wasn't one."
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

We will have to play the games to see which of us is correct; IMO the Great Dane is all but a lock for 10 minute average. Brown is the question mark but if he is as good as represented on this site and does not red shirt, then I think he will also capture 10 minutes per game

Comment

• If you are right, we'll be able to redshirt Nurger and Kelly both!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              If you are right, we'll be able to redshirt Nurger and Kelly both!
              Why would Nurger and Kelly red shirt; HC3G will bring even better athletes next year, which will diminish their opportunity to play meaningful minutes even further.

IMO the Marshall Plan has reached the stage where the roster strengthens every year with better and more talented athletes. I do not think HC3G will purposefully recruit a "one and done" player but I am confident that recruits who present with the attitudinal issues Shaq demonstrated his Freshman and Sophomore years will not be tolerated or seen on the Shocker bench in the coming years.

At present Shaq is the #1 center on the roster with Nurger #2 and AM #3; with practice and exposure to Shocker coaching and system AM's progress will be interesting to watch this Season. AM will be 20 years old in September and has spent the last year playing against more experienced and talented BB players than typical US high school basketball players.

R Brown is #6 forward on the Shocker roster but given the statements (hyperbolic?) made by his coach during the Memphis radio interview he could (should?) move up on the list. By Christmas he could be ahead of Barney and maybe Willis; by the end of the season who knows how the Shocker forwards will grade out. But if Marshall plays RB this season I think he will ensure RB is going to be a quality contributor his Sophomore season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                Why would Nurger and Kelly red shirt; HC3G will bring even better athletes next year, which will diminish their opportunity to play meaningful minutes even further.

IMO the Marshall Plan has reached the stage where the roster strengthens every year with better and more talented athletes. I do not think HC3G will purposefully recruit a "one and done" player but I am confident that recruits who present with the attitudinal issues Shaq demonstrated his Freshman and Sophomore years will not be tolerated or seen on the Shocker bench in the coming years.

At present Shaq is the #1 center on the roster with Nurger #2 and AM #3; with practice and exposure to Shocker coaching and system AM's progress will be interesting to watch this Season. AM will be 20 years old in September and has spent the last year playing against more experienced and talented BB players than typical US high school basketball players.

R Brown is #6 forward on the Shocker roster but given the statements (hyperbolic?) made by his coach during the Memphis radio interview he could (should?) move up on the list. By Christmas he could be ahead of Barney and maybe Willis; by the end of the season who knows how the Shocker forwards will grade out. But if Marshall plays RB this season I think he will ensure RB is going to be a quality contributor his Sophomore season.
                The starting line-up (if healthy) matches last years line-up in March. Kelly is sure to be the 6th man. Nurger and Willis are the depth in the post. If Midtgaard can beat one of them out than so be it! R Brown will not beat out Z Brown, Kelly, or McDuffie at the 3/4. He could get 10 mpg playing behind them if you assume that Shaq, Rauno, Darryl, and Asbjorn all play only the post. AM isn't going to get 10 MPG in that set-up.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• LOL @ all the experts.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• "Rodgerick Brown says he finished his pre-calc class. He's done with high school and ready to enroll at Wichita State."

Comment

• HooYeah!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Rodgerick Brown @RodBrown_RB5
                        I am OFFICIALLY DONE with High School and will be on Wichita State Campus Wednesday August 16th! #GoShockers #TTN #WP4L #RB5

Comment

• Welcome to the fold young man!

Comment

• RB has a motor that moves full throttle ahead on both sides of the hardwood, not to mention a competitive work ethic that will blend into the Marshall Plan like peas do carrots. Will he redshirt or jump into the fray? Dunno because that is above my pay grade. I hope he plays and think it is just possible that by 2nd Semester, he would get a few more minutes that we might think in our rotation. Even so, he will do what's best for him in the context of what is also best for our Program. Yes, a redshirt Season could allow him to start for 4 Seasons and learn, learn, learn. However, going live this Season could be playing into some deep bracket NC2A games this very Season which we all hope will make it into not just March Dancing, but April Black and Yellow refreshing showers of fresh spring moments to always cherish and remember in Shocker History.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I hope he plays. He wouldn't be the first 4* star player that played insignificant minutes. It's always wise to take into account the overhead (injuries happen). I'll be elated if he's a starter for the next 3 years.

Comment

• Sully reports on Rod heading to Doo-Dah.

Leaving at 4:00 am tomorrow morning.

Still talking about the possibility of redshirting.

Safe travels and welcome to your new home Rod. Very much looking forward to seeing you in the Black and Yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                X