Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Confused when you say Big East (3rd highest RPI last year)/MVC (12th) level? Does that mean the ACC and Big 12-2 (#1 and #2) are the only high major conferences since the other 3 P5 conferences were below the BE? Not banging the BE drum, but they finished closer in ranking to the Big 12 than to #4 Big 10.

Of course, we know there are High Majors in a number of conferences. Maybe what "Major schools" would make a better question for all.
    I was saying **** the ACC, Big XII, and Big East.

Comment

Sully updated the article to include Pitt and Iowa State as schools he's considering.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...156408614.html

Sully updated the article to include Pitt and Iowa State as schools he's considering.
        Hmm. Your link wouldn't accept me. I did read the Eagle article less than an hour ago and didn't see the change (the schools you mentioned weren't in the Sports page article).

Comment

He also corrected his height (to 6'7") although I thought at one point he was being listed as 6'8". What is it with all of our recruits shrinking? Midgaard went from 7'1" to 6'10" and now Brown has gone from 6'8" to 6'5" and now to 6'7"!

Comment

This from a guy who runs an Iowa State site.

Chris Williams‏
            @ChrisMWilliams
            Hearing strong rumblings of Rodgerick Brown to Wichita. Was supposed to visit Iowa State this week.

Comment

coaches must've put on the hard sell this weekend

Comment

Two part interview with Rodgerick Brown from a local Memphis newstation. Sounds like Rod's top 3 schools are Wichita State, Florida Gulf Coast and UAB. He'll decide on reclassifying 'towards the end of the month within the next couple of weeks.'

Part 1: https://twitter.com/BryanFenley/stat...95276229222401

Part 2: https://twitter.com/BryanFenley/stat...97735387410432
                In case you missed the "twitter" interview; part 1 and 2.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him

Comment

He's a shocker!

Article calls him 2018 but I doubt that is the case here.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

2018 recruit Rodgerick Brown just verbally committed to Wichita State, he told Scout.

"It's a really good college," Brown said. "The coaches are very respectful. I feel like I can progress and get better over there. My chances to get better and learn from the best. Wichita State did good last year and they are a good team. For me to be able to come in and watch the seniors play is big."

"He just went down there and he loved it," Team Thad coach Norton Hurd said. "He loved everything they do. They are in the AAC, Gregg Marshall and the history. The forwards have done well there."

Brown took an official visit to Wichita State this past weekend and previously took officials to Middle Tennessee State and Florida Gulf Coast. Brown was scheduled to visit Iowa State and UAB soon, but he opted to cancel those trips and end his recruitment.

Brown, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Cordova (Tenn.) High, said he built a good relationship with Marshall and he liked his approach to his development.

"He's a very good coach," Brown said about Marshall. "I feel like I can learn from him. When I went there he made me feel that I could be a good prospect for him. I want to learn from the best and I think I can get better with him. They were very genuine when I went there."

Brown has been in the midst of a very impressive spring playing with Team Thad, where he averaged 12.5 points and five rebounds a game through 12 games on the Under Armour circuit. Brown is a high major athlete and his style fits in with how Wichita State plays.

"They run and jump and they score the ball," he said. "They get up and down the court. They play defense very well. I'm just very good in transition and they do a very good job of scoring. They play some of the best. It'll be a big challenge for me."

Brown is Wichita State's first verbal commitment of the 2018 class.

Comment

Great Get!!!
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

does say he is a 2018 commit at the end of the article
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

YES! Now let the debate begin on whether he will redshirt

Comment

Boom!!

Comment

His game reminds me of Kelly and would be a perfect replacement but may be a little more athletic. He would fit in great.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                does say he is a 2018 commit at the end of the article
                                I'm sure we'll get some clarification on that as today goes on.

Great get for the staff. Beat out Iowa State, Pitt and New Mexico late. Previously had offers from Arkansas and Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                                X