Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO this guy will be a very good player for us, however, I think it would
    be in HIS best interest to red shirt. He has got MM, RK, ZB and DW all in
    front of him. Barring an injury we won't need him this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Brown has his head screwed on incredibly straight.
      That's a fact.

I don't recall, recently anyway, a player saying I don't think I'm where I need to be even though the coaches say I am...

Comment

• My skillset has to get better, but it’s getting there,” said Brown, an elite athlete who will need to focus on his outside shooting and ball-handling to play on the wing in college. “When I play against the best, it pushes me to new heights and I just want to get better. [Marshall] said he thinks I’m ready now. I don’t really see it. The coaching staff has confidence in me and I’m just waiting on getting confidence in myself. I want to redshirt just because I want to get stronger.”
        Rare and refreshing language from players these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Rare and refreshing language from players these days.
          This is the epitome of a Marshall recruit. Hope he's just the first of a long line of Memphis talent we pull out from under Tubby!

Comment

• He may also want to take the redshirt to try to convince Harris to come play together for four years instead of three. I expect Harris to go to Iowa State but a Brown redshirt could help our chances.

Comment

• Impressive young man, can't wait until he is in the fold. And I know this part might sound weird, but since part of my job is to judge people by their looks, I have to say he is really a handsome fellow. By that I mean he approaches male model good looks.

there, I said it

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                Impressive young man, can't wait until he is in the fold. And I know this part might sound weird, but since part of my job is to judge people by their looks, I have to say he is really a handsome fellow. By that I mean he approaches male model good looks.

there, I said it
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• he just went through the paces to become eligible.

nope, no redshirt. not even close to it. he already has the body of a college basketball sophomore.. at least.

shockernet mantra "redshirt would suit him for the mvc" does not fit here. he looks like buck williams as it is, right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    he just went through the paces to become eligible.

nope, no redshirt. not even close to it. he already has the body of a college basketball sophomore.. at least.

shockernet mantra "redshirt would suit him for the mvc" does not fit here. he looks like buck williams as it is, right now.
                    The problem with you comment is that Brown has stated he wants to redshirt to work on his skillset and get stronger.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The problem with you comment is that Brown has stated he wants to redshirt to work on his skillset and get stronger.
                      He may also be thinking that minutes might be a bit difficult to come by this year and he's patient enough to wait a year for PT to open up rather significantly. Another guy with the initials RB went that route and it worked out well for him.

That said, I think this could go either way despite his stated desire to take a redshirt year. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

what a surprise. but not really.

the problem with your comment is that marshall has already stated that brown doesnt need to redshirt.

brown doesn't need to redshirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          what a surprise. but not really.

the problem with your comment is that marshall has already stated that brown doesnt need to redshirt.

brown doesn't need to redshirt.
                          He may or may not need to redshirt. Either way, I don't think an effective recruiting message is to state that the recruit needs to redshirt and Gregg has said many times that he never requires any player to RS. But if a player isn't going to be able to get playing minutes, rather than sitting, Gregg may recommend it. I think that decision is not made until November.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I think that decision is not made until November.
                            And even then you are not locked into a redshirt if that is the plan. You're a redshirt until you enter a countable game and then you aren't.

Comment

• Players that Marshall recruits who need a redshirt year end up at Sunrise.

If you're Marshall and you've got a stud Fr who wants to redshirt, and you've got one of the top 3 defenders in the nation and a guy who may leave early for the NBA in front of him in the depth charft, do you let him redshirt if he wants to?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                He may or may not need to redshirt. Either way, I don't think an effective recruiting message is to state that the recruit needs to redshirt and Gregg has said many times that he never requires any player to RS. But if a player isn't going to be able to get playing minutes, rather than sitting, Gregg may recommend it. I think that decision is not made until November.
                                he's already said that rodgerick brown is ready right now. what more do you need to to know?

Comment

Working...
                                X