Dimon Carrigan 6'9 PF/C 2019 JUCO to FIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    This doesn't speak for the age of either of us, 1972, because I recognize your remake of the theme song from the early Sixties TV show Harrigan, which I watched when I was a kid. By the way, haven't you ever heard the term "black Irish"?

I remember that Patrick Ewing was a Rindge and Latin guy, so that school has some history. Too bad he doesn't want to do his prep year, at least based on PaulS's article, at Sunrise. That would be exceptionally convenient.
    Actually, it's a remake of a George M. Cohan song written for the 1907 Broadway Muscial Fifty Miles From Boston. But I'm not quite that old. I didn't see that play. I remember this song from the 1942 biopic of George M. Cohan's life, Yankee Doodle Dandy, starring James Cagney (thus my Shocker Doodle Dancy reference). And no I didn't see this at the theaters either. However, my wife is big TCM fan and I've watched it a couple of times on TCM. One of my favorite old time movies in which I thought James Cagney gave a terrific performance.

However, I do recall Harrigan & Sons from the early 1960's with Pat O'Brien (imagine that) in the title role.

Young Mr. Carrigan is most likely unfamiliar with any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      This is my #1 big. This guy is a lunker
      Yep. This is the lunker in waiting and a big reason ACDJ is here.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Yep. This is the lunker in waiting and a big reason ACDJ is here.
        Hoo-Wah
        Livin the dream

Comment

I agree. Get this guy and Lomax and we will be in business for at least another
          five years. Hope they are talking to one another

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            I agree. Get this guy and Lomax and we will be in business for at least another
            five years. Hope they are talking to one another
            Exactly my sentiments.

Comment

His official visit scheduled for UConn this weekend has been cancelled. Unsure as to why. May have been planning to attend the football game against USF but that game has been postponed because of Irma.

Comment

He must have decided to be a Shocker & probably doesn't want to waste other coaches time. No doubt it would be a great get for us.

Comment

I've heard Syracuse is working him real hard, which makes sense with him calling off the UCONN visit. That's a total Boeheim move.
                  Last edited by UCONN_Husky; September 11, 2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

ol' a** boeheim. he's right in the middle of the good ol' boys network.

but.. damn.. 7'3" wingspan?!

please, wise and all-seeing basketball gods, send another shot-blocker wichita state's way (like orupke), so that they can reach another final four.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      ol' a** boeheim. he's right in the middle of the good ol' boys network.

but.. damn.. 7'3" wingspan?!

please, wise and all-seeing basketball gods, send another shot-blocker wichita state's way (like orupke), so that they can reach another final four.
                      If UCONN can't land him, I hope the Shockers can. ABS (Anyone But Syracuse).

Comment

My understanding is he reclassified and is at a D-3 juco tearing it up.

Comment

Wasn't Cleanthony Early at a D-3 Juco?

Comment

Yup
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Bunker Hill Community College. Currently 6-1. No stats available.

Comment

Here's some stats.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/201...ge?view=lineup
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X