Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with the last 2017 scholarship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Top 150 kids still out there. A few from Florida ;)
    Last edited by Shock Top; April 20, 2017, 10:40 PM.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Maybe a Clevin Hannah clone.
      I especially like this idea if Austin needs a redshirt year to heal.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm going to make a wild guess that they've ALREADY got a guy for that scholarship. May take some time to make the announcement, but Marshall always seems to have someone in mind. Juiston could be a reality. The earlier rumors probably didn't come out of nowhere.

There's nothing wrong with bringing in a "who's going to sit so I can get my minutes" guy.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Markis, Shaq, Darral, Rashard and Rauno are going to eat up that 80 minutes pretty quickly.
          Don't consider Markis or Rashard true 4 men.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I'm going to make a wild guess that they've ALREADY got a guy for that scholarship. May take some time to make the announcement, but Marshall always seems to have someone in mind. Juiston could be a reality. The earlier rumors probably didn't come out of nowhere.

There's nothing wrong with bringing in a "who's going to sit so I can get my minutes" guy.
            Might be 6'11" Russian Sausha ...
            SP, 4 this year 5 next.

Comment

Oh the person taking the schollie is already picked... Just waiting announcement

Comment

It would be nice if we could find a game ready big, say 7' to 7'2", mobile shot blocker with a good amount of Shaq like strength, skilled over either shoulder with either hand, and can pick and pop out beyond the 3.

A Rhodes Scholar candidate, he should also be active in a number of philanthropies, and his girlfriend either a cheerleader or, preferably, an athletic 6'3" OH with 3 years remaining. And 6 rotation skills.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  It would be nice if we could find a game ready big, say 7' to 7'2", mobile shot blocker with a good amount of Shaq like strength, skilled over either shoulder with either hand, and can pick and pop out beyond the 3.

A Rhodes Scholar candidate, he should also be active in a number of philanthropies, and his girlfriend either a cheerleader or, preferably, an athletic 6'3" OH with 3 years remaining. And 6 rotation skills.
                  I REALLY can't wait for 20-25 years from now when their offspring commit to Wichita State for their collegiate careers.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I think we should also require his father be a World Series winning manager with a knack for developing collegiate All-American talent
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Don't consider Markis or Rashard true 4 men.
                      So Markis and Rashard split 40 minutes at the three with Zach?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Somewhere in the distance, coldblooded needs a tissue.

Comment

I agree with others that Marshall already has his man and they'll make an announcement soon. I think he has such relationships with his players that he has known for some time that Daishon was leaving and he has shopped that scholarship around these past few days (if not weeks).

I voted freshman because 1) I'd like to see us keep a steady pace of young talent coming to the team and 2) because I don't think there are a lot of minutes to be had for a grad transfer or even a JUCO. It always seems to take a year for players to pick up Marshall's defensive mindset and it's going to take a really special player to take minutes from any of the returning players next season.

I'd like to see us target another big but it would not surprise me to see them target another PG, knowing that Shamet may get some real NBA love next season and we may still have 7 schollies to fill next year.

Comment

IMO, we have Haynes-Jones and Reaves as the backup PGs if/when Shamet leaves. I think it will be tough to find a freshman PG that wants to be buried on the bench behind a Jr and 2 Sophs. Any JUCO guy will see that there's not much PT coming next year. It almost has to go to a freshman big or wing.

Comment

I'd like to see a freshman or transfer big guy. We will want someone that knows the system to play along with MM & AM while all the 2018 freshmen and JUCO's get up to speed.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                IMO, we have Haynes-Jones and Reaves as the backup PGs if/when Shamet leaves. I think it will be tough to find a freshman PG that wants to be buried on the bench behind a Jr and 2 Sophs. Any JUCO guy will see that there's not much PT coming next year. It almost has to go to a freshman big or wing.
                                Depending on your definition of PG, I don't think Reaves fits that bill quite yet. Several times last year we had to call timeouts because he was unable to bring the ball up the mid-court. Not a PG if you can't be trusted to start the offense.

I am in agreemoent with others hoping we get a freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X