X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure he blocks out on the boards ALOT better

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      I'd be okay with his signing. But would he get as many minutes this next season as he might want? Would a national championship run be enough to offset the 8 to 10 minutes a game he might get? The guy played 30 MPG this last season. That would be quite a change. Of course, I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to take minutes away from a couple of our bigs. Perhaps he takes Willis' minutes?
      Have you seen him play? He'd be our sixth man and possibly the best rebounder on the team.

Comment

This guy would make us top 3 good

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
          Have you seen him play? He'd be our sixth man and possibly the best rebounder on the team.
          I admit, I have not. In fact, after careful consideration, I have completely rethought my assumption about minutes played. Cleanthony came in fresh off a DIV III POY sophmore year and played 25 MPG for 3G as a junior, new to the team. Of course, that team wasn't as talented, IMHO, as the current roster, but nonetheless, I'm willing to accept the fact that Juiston would indeed be taking minutes, perhaps a lot, from others on the roster.

Now, whether or not we have a realistic chance of landing him is altogether another question. The fact that he hasn't jumped on his offer from the flagship would indicate the young man must have some pretty good wits about himself and has surrounded himself by some careful advisers. But from all I can tell, we haven't even offered the young man.

Comment

The highest level JUCO guys we have brought in here have excelled. I would expect Juiston to preform at the level of Hall/Early. He would be a great addition for this year and be even more needed next year to go alongside Shamet/McDuffie.

Comment

Commits to UNLV.

Comment

Big, big day for Menzies between nabbing this guy and McCoy.

Comment

Just don't get it...must be the neon lights

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Commits to UNLV.
                    I wonder if we ever offered

Comment

I'm just glad he didn't end up in Lawrence.

Comment

He'd have been a very good player at WSU, but the Shocks already have a guy in Willis who can be a very good player at the same position next year -- he just needs to take the customary second year juco leap under Marshall. So Juiston probably wasn't exactly WSU's main need.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          He'd have been a very good player at WSU, but the Shocks already have a guy in Willis who can be a very good player at the same position next year -- he just needs to take the customary second year juco leap under Marshall. So Juiston probably wasn't exactly WSU's main need.
                          Although I agree with your concept, unless we're redshirting a guard next year, IDK why we would give this schollie to a guard, especially seeing as it takes longer for bigs to develop.

Note HCGM knows much better than I do what his needs are, so if he does exactly what I'm wondering about, although I might not agree with it, I do believe he knows what's best for his team.

Since Juiston's off the board, I'm more open to bringing in a HS recruit (if one is available) or a sophomore transfer (if one is available), and would prefer a big, precisely for the exact stated reason.

It will be interesting to see this play out.

Comment

Juiston played in just eight games this year before undergoing season-ending surgery. The linked article states he just used a normal redshirt year so they didn't apply for a medical hardship, which doesn't make sense to me. But it seems he has a year of eligibility remaining. If he qualifies as a grad-transfer, he could play next year. I don't see WSU being interested in a one-year player unless Rod Brown decides to move on.

“We fully expect him to return in the scarlet and gray. We’re eagerly anticipating his return to the floor to be not just a player, but an experienced guy who can give us some leadership as well.”

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Juiston played in just eight games this year before undergoing season-ending surgery. The linked article states he just used a normal redshirt year so they didn't apply for a medical hardship, which doesn't make sense to me. But it seems he has a year of eligibility remaining. If he qualifies as a grad-transfer, he could play next year. I don't see WSU being interested in a one-year player unless Rod Brown decides to move on.

“We fully expect him to return in the scarlet and gray. We’re eagerly anticipating his return to the floor to be not just a player, but an experienced guy who can give us some leadership as well.”

OK, I'm lost. Played 2 years JUCO at Hutch, played a full junior year at UNLV, injured early in his senior year at UNLV. How does he qualify for a regular redshirt if he played 8 regular season games this year? Isn't the only option to use a medical RS? I don't even see how he would have been eligible for UNLV next year, much less anyone else.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Agree. He would not qualify for a regular redshirt. But he would qualify for a medical hardship waiver and most likely that is what he received. The newspaper report is probably just wrong as hard as that is to believe. Bottom line it doesn't really matter whether it's a medical redshirt or a regular redshirt if he has his degree he can transfer under the grad transfer exception and still meet the 5 to play 4 rule.

Bump

Comment

Working...
                            X